• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo is -1 degree centigrade?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

I was playing WoW and a pop up came up on the bottom of the screen. I t read "WARNING! MB is -1 degree centigrade" Anyone ever have that happen before?
I looked at my AI Suite 2 and it said the MB was at 28c. What the hell is centigrade?! Anyways what coulda caused this? Thanks again guys.

Centi meaning a factor of a hundreth, and grade meaning scale. It is a name for the Celsius system.

As for what would have caused it, sounds like some sort of software error, malware or something along those lines. If your motherboard were at -1c or anywhere near it would likely condensate and fry.

I would look around for what it was that "popped up" and figure out if it's harmful software.

Why does our metric system confuse Americans so much? I don't mean to be insulting I'm just curious.

Centigrade is celsius. 32 ferenheit is zero celsius or centigrade. 30 celsius is 85 ferenheit.

Your temp measurement was an error because -1C is about 30F which is impossible unless you had it outside in extreme winter or were under LN2 :).

Why does our metric system confuse Americans so much? I don't mean to be insulting I'm just curious.
None of our crap is in metric, and in general we get very little exposure to the metric system unless you travel a lot or focus on the sciences. A randomly selected person in Germany probably can't tell you how much a quart is anyway.

As for the mobo, probably a malfunctioning sensor or an incorrectly read sensor. I wouldn't worry about it.

You dont know what centigrade is? Whoa.

Just anomolous reading obviously. Nothing to see there. ;)

Centigrade is celsius. 32 ferenheit is zero celsius or centigrade. 30 celsius is 85 ferenheit.

Your temp measurement was an error because -1C is about 30F which is impossible unless you had it outside in extreme winter or were under LN2 :).

Or DICE :)

Sounds like some sort of virus. I don't know why software would warn you that your mobo is at 30F :)

I was playing WoW and a pop up came up on the bottom of the screen. I t read "WARNING! MB is -1 degree centigrade" Anyone ever have that happen before?
I looked at my AI Suite 2 and it said the MB was at 28c. What the hell is centigrade?! Anyways what coulda caused this? Thanks again guys.

I also recently had this problem. What it was for me was that the AI II suite program was not reading my temperature sensor right. Also -1 degree Centigrade is probably impossible because that would be freezing point for water. All I did to fix this was to uninstall the AI suite 2 and use a freeware monitoring program called Open Hardware Monitor. The warnings went away and all my temperature numbers look reasonable now. I hope this helps everyone encountering this.

4 year old thread!

A lot of the time its just bad sensors/software, or as you said, you can use other software.

Welcome!

This problem stems from the fact that we don't actually use the Celsius temperature scale so when we here temperature referred to in Celsius we rarely hear the turn Centigrade. We might hear on a weather report it s X degrees Celsius out there but we never hear someone referring to a Celsius temperature in degrees centigrade. It basically boils down to ineptitude in our schooling systems in teaching us both systems and only really teaching us how to convert metric to standard which is practically worthless in real life.

Back