• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor Flickering

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mean_dm

Hey guys, I have a problem that is really starting to hurt the eyes. Just an hour ago, my monitor started flickering really quickly, almost like it's vibrating... its difficult to describe because nothing flickers of the screen, I can always see what's being displayed, but it's flickering... it's not AS notable while I'm typing this in the browser, but if I minimize to desktop, it's hard to miss it...

My monitor is an Acer G257HL BMIDX, connected to a 970 GTX MSI LE via HDMI

Things I've tried:

Changing the refresh rate (doesn't go over 60)
Updating GPU drivers
Turning computer on/off
DVI cable
Turning the monitor on/off
Change settings on monitor

I'm really hoping it's not the monitor, sending it back in is going to be a hassle.

Do you have a tv you can hook it up to? That'll narrow it down pretty quickly
this. Hook it up to something else and see if it flickers. If it does, its likely the GPU if swapping drivers and changing outputs didn't resolve it.

I unplugged everything from the monitor and left it sitting for a while, it's no longer flickering. Weird. Thanks for the replies!

Make sure your connections are tight and try a different monitor cable. Re-seat the video card.

Back