• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More Items on Taskbar = Slower Boot Time?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrustyButt

123 West Awesome Ave. Blueberry, Pancakes
Yo guys, havn't posted here in awhile,and had no idea where this thread should go, so I put it here. So, on every computer I've owned, I have noticed the more items I put on my taskbar, my desktop takes a little bit longer to boot up, like my loading cursor sign will appear for a lot longer if i have my taskbar filled up, where if I have 5 items on my taskbar, fast boot up, etc. Also, I am the kind of guy that has to have everything open and everything on startup, but still, by adding a more items to my taskbar, I boot up slower? P.S. This is what it looks like atm. http://gyazo.com/b9c1ae9d6480c72a4b88ad672cf7187e

You've already proven that fewer items in the taskbar equates to faster boot times, so I'm unsure as to what your question is.

I don't really get why it should be slower, maybe it is a placebo effect, but if you proved it, I have nothing else to say.

Maybe you should try with a taskbar replacement system like Rainmeter?

Back