• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More Radiators the better???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Remember if you are using 1/2" tubing for most flow rates you see in a WCing system the pressure drop is about nil.

When it comes to radiators it depends on the design. I don't know if anyone has published P-Q curves for various radiators or not but using that and Cathars work that talks about differences in flow rates and temperatures in a loop you can approximate fairly well what your temperature differences are going to be just based upon flow rates.

Finally 3 radiators does not guarantee you being able to run your radiators without fans. Consider that average h values for air are somewhere between 25-250 (i'll put the units on when I wake up in the morning) and the average h values for forced air start at 250 and go to somewhere between 1500 and 4000 (i'll give you a better value in the morning) so that one fan is increasing you heat dissapated by a massive amount.

Thats a lot of tubing haha
15' of 1/2" is only a drop of ~0.8 PSI @ 1.5 GPM. The MCW60 (+ RAMCool) drops ~0.8 at the same flow rate, an older Apogee drops ~1.6 PSI, and the Storm drops an amazing ~3.5 PSI :eek:. Add that to the fact I run my heater cores in parallel instead of series and there just isn't much resistance in that part of the loop compared to the rest of it ... :)

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=466259

Back