• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More Wii firmware

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
Nintendo released another firmware update for the Wii early this morning. It fixed a couple of crash bugs that could occur in the Internet channel and the Home menu, along with fixing stability issues that were occurring with the USB Ethernet adapter.

I grabbed it early this morning before work. It only took a minute or two to d/l. Nothing bad to report.

Via Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/gaming/nip-tuck/the-littlest-wii-update-289134.php

Manual. You have to click on the message they send you, then click the upgrade option. It doesn't take long to do.

Also, it doesn't break modified consoles.

Updated my friends yesterday from 2.2e to 3.0e and it took about 10mins to download on his connection but I like the new shop design I wish you could change the background from white to black maybe. Everyone knows that white on a screen don't help the TV much thou I don't know if it can damage a HDTV as it would a standard one.

Haven't you noticed thou 360 has been out for 2 years and they've hardly updated there system with anything good except messenger. Sony's updated there's for more features and security and Wii has updated it making it better and better but changing system settings seems like Microsoft couldn't care less really.

I would kill for the option to change the new clock on the Wii from 12-hour to 24 hour time. I don't think it can be done with North American consoles. The EU has a 24-hour clock though.

I think it must be a regional thing.

AngelfireUk83 said:
Wii has updated it making it better and better

Yah, because the Everybody Votes channel is the epitome of fine Wii channels! How will Nintendo ever outdo themselves?!

They better come out with Wii Menu themes and soon, or I'm gonna flip!

Oni said:
I would kill for the option to change the new clock on the Wii from 12-hour to 24 hour time. I don't think it can be done with North American consoles. The EU has a 24-hour clock though.

I think it must be a regional thing.

LOL it's 24hr over here in the UK I think we should swap.

Back