• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

more WIN7 updates issues, YEA!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I have a win 7 pro machine I have shelved for a few months.
I pulled it out to freshen up the updates and stuff.
This last round of 5 updates gives me the bsod on boot windows splash screen and using the windows restore point is the only way to recover, any one else seeing this?

I just updated my tablet in my sig and it booted fine though I use it every day (My uBlox drivers got a working update which is cool). System restore does not fix boot issues, or anything really. Veeam Agent is free and works well for recovery.
My desktop went into 'test mode' over some qualcomm drivers recently and I thought I needed to reinstall. TG a simple dos cmd fixed it.

CD, my impression is that the Windows 7 update process works pretty good if smaller bunches of updates are installed at any given time. My advice would be to restore the machine to a point in time when before the update process got broken and then install updates in small groups. That will help you narrow down the culprit.

Trents, I think I will try one at a time and see how that goes.

Update your drivers. Chipset, LAN, etc. The updates may not be playing nice, with your drivers.

I installed them one at a time, a total of 7 updates.
The one causing the issue was an update to IE 11, that requires a restart, on reboot it would give the installing updates screen for about 2 seconds and reboot and cycle through this, to get it to install I had to power it off, boot, and it installed at that point and I could install the rest of the updates with no problems.

I've had to do just that myself when there are a ton of updates. The boot process cannot sometimes handle them all at once, or either the update process itself aint perfect. Glad you got it working. BSOD's over ms updates are a real nightmare.

Back