• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Most powerful 12v DC fan is...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yup, we spray the brakes to cool them, every bit helps in qualifying and in longer events.
why not just order the detmar he uses, seems to work for him.
You're forgetting to mention the speeds you're running when needing to cool the brakes CD!

yup, we spray the brakes to cool them, every bit helps in qualifying and in longer events.
why not just order the detmar he uses, seems to work for him.
Just weighing my options caddi.
Wanted to know if any fan gurus here would know of other fans that would work. :)
Newark is where I get mine as well. They have San Ace. EBMPapst use them and other vendors. But wouldn't motorhead boards be the place to ask these Q's? We're all computerheads here. Just a few people who are also motorheads too.
Sure, but do they really know about fans Ed? ;)

I know there's a few around here that have dabbled with crazy high CFM fans, and honestly I hate opening an account on a site for one thread.

You know you're just opening the door for NiHaoMike
don't you?
Everyone is welcome! :D

Seems from posts and threads I dig up 220CFM is the minimum that people have.
I have 4 fans from Newark to choose from. 3 Sanaces and an ADDA fan.

Saw some interesting mounts for car radiator fans too. But I feel that a ~120mm fan would concentrate the air right over the head more vs a larger fan.

I say you find a flat spot on the top of the head and just strap a 212 evo down on it. I figure it is the go to cooler for everything else so why not:clap:

The EBMPapst fans I have discussed are steel, not aluminum. If you're concerned about price, try this. I include this one to compare for specs. But remember these tend to be 5-inch fans, not 120mm.

I say you find a flat spot on the top of the head and just strap a 212 evo down on it. I figure it is the go to cooler for everything else so why not:clap:
Hahahaa if only.
I could put the D14 to use! :p
The EBMPapst fans I have discussed are steel, not aluminum. If you're concerned about price, try this. I include this one to compare for specs. But remember these tend to be 5-inch fans, not 120mm.
That's remarkably cheap holy cow :shock:

I'm working on the carb today, so I'll go measure up the head and see if a 5" fan would fit. I don't see an issue other than mounting space and access to the spark plug.

Another thing: when you are riding fast, if the air intake is a forward-facing scoop, you get air crammed in that way. Few know that the curved stacks you see on old freighters -- ships -- were for air intake and exhaust. They moved air down into the innards of the ship, and the downwind-facing curved stacks would pull air out.

Another thing: when you are riding fast, if the air intake is a forward-facing scoop, you get air crammed in that way. Few know that the curved stacks you see on old freighters -- ships -- were for air intake and exhaust. They moved air down into the innards of the ship, and the downwind-facing curved stacks would pull air out.

That's what I was thinking of doing, my only concern is forcing rain down onto the fan if I get caught in the rain...

Lol just a little overkill. :p

5" fans will fit just fine and give me plenty of mounting room too.
I'll look into small rad fans.

Anyone know of fans that can withstand a bit of rain?

If you pay little enough, you can try regular fans. If you are willing to spend more, Noctua makes IP67 fans that will withstand lots of water. My review on the 12-Volt versions is here.

I think the denkis build a few water /oil proof fans

found this by accident :D

somewhere deep in these forums there is a man which attached 8 of those 252cfm deltas to a 480mm rad, which was outside, the noise was horrendous of course but for benching sessions it was perfect.

I think the denkis build a few water /oil proof fans

found this by accident :D
Nice!
So those fans would work quite well in my case then. Sweet find thanks!
somewhere deep in these forums there is a man which attached 8 of those 252cfm deltas to a 480mm rad, which was outside, the noise was horrendous of course but for benching sessions it was perfect.

I was thinking about Deltas... Do they make large (200mm?) deltas?

Why not just build a shroud catching air and directing it towards the motor. I highly doubt that any fan would provide better airflow while driving.

my pleasure :D

digging my archive for the denki's catalogue, but can't find it anymore :fight:
hope this will make the search easier:
http://www.sanyo-denki.com/contents/product_information/san_ace/list_01.html

the delta were also made 200mm fans, but I doubt anything came with 12v
http://www.delta-fan.com
Thanks inVain, I'll look and see what they have
Why not just build a shroud catching air and directing it towards the motor. I highly doubt that any fan would provide better airflow while driving.
That would work, but idling is where most heat is created. No airflow and the engine sits there an puts away...
That's the reason why I'm looking into fans for this. :)

Digging through my fans, I found some fans Bassnut sent me a while ago.
And there was a TFC TK123 v2 fan here. Specs say 212 CFM which is what I'm looking for, but are the specs on the box actually accurate?
Any review on this fan?

Back