• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Most powerful 12v DC fan is...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That would work, but idling is where most heat is created. No airflow and the engine sits there an puts away...
That's the reason why I'm looking into fans for this. :)

So you put in an airscoop for when you are running, that diverts to the fan when the airflow is low.

Digging through my fans, I found some fans Bassnut sent me a while ago.
And there was a TFC TK123 v2 fan here. Specs say 212 CFM which is what I'm looking for, but are the specs on the box actually accurate?
Any review on this fan?

If it is an industrial fan, it will meet specs.

So you put in an airscoop for when you are running, that diverts to the fan when the airflow is low.
Yeah that's what I was eventually going to make

=ehume;7889375] If it is an industrial fan, it will meet specs
Okay, not sure if it's industrial though. Feser marketed that [tribewerk] fan for watercooling rads...

Digging through my fans, I found some fans Bassnut sent me a while ago.
And there was a TFC TK123 v2 fan here. Specs say 212 CFM which is what I'm looking for, but are the specs on the box actually accurate?
Any review on this fan?

do you refer to the Delta TFC 1212DE 3.9A?

Nemoku, did a power consumption measuring on that fan;

went slightly pass over 50 during start up, at least that's what the meter shows us.

as for the actual performance test, I'm afraid that will be quite hard to find.
Martin's Liquid Labs did an excellent job for this kind of test
https://martinsliquidlab.wordpress.com/category/fans/

I recall he did test with the AFB and few other industrial fans too, not sure if he did test with the TFC, though.
but I think the actual performance will be depend on the actual surrounding area of the fan too (most spec on the datasheet were carried out on the open space if I remember correctly).

but, yeah... I don't think Delta will be messing around with their published datasheet either.
so that's something we can hold on to :)

do you refer to the Delta TFC 1212DE 3.9A?

Nemoku, did a power consumption measuring on that fan;

went slightly pass over 50 during start up, at least that's what the meter shows us.

as for the actual performance test, I'm afraid that will be quite hard to find.
Martin's Liquid Labs did an excellent job for this kind of test
https://martinsliquidlab.wordpress.com/category/fans/

I recall he did test with the AFB and few other industrial fans too, not sure if he did test with the TFC, though.
but I think the actual performance will be depend on the actual surrounding area of the fan too (most spec on the datasheet were carried out on the open space if I remember correctly).

but, yeah... I don't think Delta will be messing around with their published datasheet either.
so that's something we can hold on to :)

No, i forgot to mention more on the fan's name.

It's a Feser Tribewerk TFC 123 v2 fan. :)
Moves a lot of air, so knowing if the box's specs are accurate can help me get a feel for CFM. I don't know what 212CFM should feel like other than trusting the specs and this fan right? ;)

No, i forgot to mention more on the fan's name.

It's a Feser Tribewerk TFC 123 v2 fan. :)
Moves a lot of air, so knowing if the box's specs are accurate can help me get a feel for CFM. I don't know what 212CFM should feel like other than trusting the specs and this fan right? ;)

do you mean something like this one?

triebwerk-1.jpg

I don't think that guy will be able to withstand the wilderness of an engine room :chair:

hahaha
yep.... CFM scale is an absurd beast for myself as well :D

just came into my mind,
but wouldn't it be wise to just get a cheap used Delta to see how it will sustain the harsh environment on the road?
I mean will it prevail the heavy shock on a bumpy road?
of course if mounting the fan inside the hood wasn't hard enough :)

do you mean something like this one?

triebwerk-1.jpg

I don't think that guy will be able to withstand the wilderness of an engine room :chair:

hahaha
yep.... CFM scale is an absurd beast for myself as well :D

just came into my mind,
but wouldn't it be wise to just get a cheap used Delta to see how it will sustain the harsh environment on the road?
I mean will it prevail the heavy shock on a bumpy road?
of course if mounting the fan inside the hood wasn't hard enough :)
Picture isn't loading for me :(

That's a good idea, using another fan to test would let me perfect the mounting system too.
I found a Nidec BETA fan here that blows a lot of air. Not as much as the Tribewerk TK fan but a fair amount.
The Deltas rock.

The issue I'm having is finding them. Maybe amazon will carry them? Need some website that I can sort fans by CFM just like I can do on Newark/Element14, but for Deltas.

Deltas were the first fan I thought of for this purpose. Loud, huge CFM :)

Unless I missed it I just wanted to make sure you know that almost all automotive applications are 12VDC not AC.

Some older motorcycles are 6VDC & some military vehicles are 24VDC but like 98.5% of all automotive electrical applications are 12VDC.

Unless I missed it I just wanted to make sure you know that almost all automotive applications are 12VDC not AC.

Some older motorcycles are 6VDC & some military vehicles are 24VDC but like 98.5% of all automotive electrical applications are 12VDC.

Correct, but Honda made these old dune buggies 12v AC. Early models used points and that was a 6V AC system. Mine (1982 I believe) is newer and has the CDI system which is 12v AC ;)
Easy way to tell if it's a 12v AC system or a 6v AC system is newer buggies have the rollcage and that's 12v AC.

It's annoying to have the system run on AC, the next step is converting the 12v AC to 12v DC, otherwise I'd run a 24v fan after I bump up the 12v to 24volt of course.

Back