• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mother bd power question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TorqueRanger

4006254R.JPG

I was giving a power supply corsair 550 but it does not have this 4 pin power connector labeled c in the pic . My question is do i need that 4 pin for my mb to work ?? Can i make a splice off a molex for that 4 pin for my stuff to work and how would it be wired up ?? Pics help because i am a little slow

Thanks
Jason

It looks like that's the 2x2 CPU power connector. Yes, you will need that for the system to run correctly.

Must be a really old PSU if it doesn't have that connector. Even s939, which came out in early 2005, had the 2x2 CPU connector ...

Yeah thanks man i figure it out, it has a 8 pin plug that can be split for that I am such a dumbasss lol

Hey - the first rig I assembled myself wouldn't run at all. Called up the place I had bought the parts from and we're going through their list - turns out I hadn't plugged the motherboard in at all. :bang head

LOL! ;)

Hey - the first rig I assembled myself wouldn't run at all. Called up the place I had bought the parts from and we're going through their list - turns out I hadn't plugged the motherboard in at all. :bang head

LOL! ;)

Been there done, that! It was embarrassing.

Back