• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mother board fault help. Msi tomahawk b350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt2950

Hi, so I’ve had this board for a few months and it’s been fine but when trying to install an ek backplate for my water block I think it was to tight I I might have broke something. On the EZ bug lights it uses to show errors it usually goes cpu- dram-vga-boot. Each light will come on then go off in that order. Now both cpu-dram come on together then go off together and vga- boot do not come on. I’m just getting black screen but all fans and led’s are on. I have another board I can test my gpu but I don’t think that’s the problem. I need to know if it’s a cpu or motherboard fault so i can buy a new one.

Ive tried reseating ram, gpu and cpu block. Resetting my bios and ram in different slots
It’s an am4 b350 ryzen 5 1600

EK backplate on....................the video card? And after that your system doesn't work, correct? I'd test the GPU somewhere else if possible or try another GPU in the board to see if the board or CPU is actually the issue.

The backplate was for the cpu as the cpu waterblock didn’t seem to fit tight, but was too tight with the ek one.

Honestly tough to tell. If I had to guess, I would say it is the board. But, not sure of anything else you can do to check without swapping out a CPU..

Do you have a different cooler? STock even. I know there were issues at Ryzen launch with different backplates causing a non-boot situation.

Hi, so I’ve had this board for a few months and it’s been fine but when trying to install an ek backplate for my water block I think it was to tight I I might have broke something. On the EZ bug lights it uses to show errors it usually goes cpu- dram-vga-boot. Each light will come on then go off in that order. Now both cpu-dram come on together then go off together and vga- boot do not come on. I’m just getting black screen but all fans and led’s are on. I have another board I can test my gpu but I don’t think that’s the problem. I need to know if it’s a cpu or motherboard fault so i can buy a new one.

Ive tried reseating ram, gpu and cpu block. Resetting my bios and ram in different slots
It’s an am4 b350 ryzen 5 1600

What Johan45 said...I saw several posts on the intarwebs about the backplate being the cause of non-boot issues.

Back