• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jimbob7

Hi I'm building a AM2+ rig on a budget. I don't want to spend more than £60 on the motherboard. The CPU I've chosen is a "AMD Athlon X2 7750 2.7GHz AM2+"

The rig isn't going to be overclocked. Just want a stable and fast motherboard set for the above CPU and most likely a 9800GT.

The motherboard must be a avaliable to buy as new, no second hand forum searching etc.

Scott

Best to wait for someone in the UK to reply to your post more specifically as model availability and price seem to vary dramatically from the US. In general, you might want to look at the 780 chipset boards. They are moderately priced with feature-packed bioses and the chipset is still being actively supported by the manufacturers with bios updates so that there is some longevity/upgradeability there with regard to CPUs.

Unlike there we don't have newegg etc which has almost every motherboard in current manufacturing existence, its generally buy from who has what you want in stock!

Back