• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard and memory compatablity issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MainEvent

Registered
Ok where it says "maximum memory module size - 1024 mb", does that mean that 1024mb is the maximum capacity of my motherboard...or does it just mean that 1024mb is the maximum capacity for one memory slot (which I have 3 of)?

moboinfor.jpg

EDIT: Sorry, but for some reason its becomming so small that I cant even read it once I upload it...hope you can still understand what im trying to say though, or help me out in making it bigger.

Last edited:
MainEvent said:
Ok where it says "maximum memory module size - 1024 mb", does that mean that 1024mb is the maximum capacity of my motherboard...or does it just mean that 1024mb is the maximum capacity for one memory slot (which I have 3 of)?

moboinfor.jpg

i can't see the picture but from what you said it is talking about 1 stick can't exceed 1024mb, and it probably supports up to 4gb's, though 32-bit windows needs a lot of tweaking to use more than 3.25-3.5gb's of ram.

Yeah I only plan on using up to 2gb, possibly three in the future (I dont think 4 is in the picture as of now since I only have 3 memory slots).

And one more question...it says "Supported memory voltages - 3.3V", does that mean that I can get memory up to that voltage? Like could I get some 2.75V ram and have it be compatable with my motherboard?

..and yeah sorry about that pic, im not sure how to make it any bigger...

Back