• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard / Case Compatibility Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CHUDmac

Registered
I have an Asus Crosshair IV Extreme motherboard that I placed on the slide-out motherboard tray of my Thermaltake Armor+ VH6000BWS full size tower, but it looks like the PCI Express slots for the video cards on the motherboard do no line up with the removable metal brackets in the back of the motherboard tray of the tower. :bang head

Am I doing something wrong, or is this motherboard not compatible with the case I have?

Do you see those brass screws which your motherboard screws into? You should be able to move those screws to a more suitable place for your board.

And make sure those brass studs line up with all the holes in your motherboard and that there are no brass screws that make contact with the motherboard in other places or you will get an electrical ground out.

Back