• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

motherboard choice for amd fx8320

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

keithy351

Registered
hi guys, do i need a specific motherboard to be able to overclock this cpu or is there something i should be looking for in a mob to oc? dont have much left to spend on one but here 7s whats going into the build

cpu:amd fx8320
gpu:gtx590
cooling: coolermaster hyper 212
psu: Antec VP-550P

i would like too see atleast ~4.3-4.4 in the oc and still be able to run it all day, is that wishful thinking for this build?

The Fatality is a good board, The Extreme 9 looks good too but no one has reviewed one AFAIK. It may have a different power section, but it does have an Intel Lan on it.

Looks like the Fatality is not available at newegg

Last edited:
The Fatality is a good board, The Extreme 9 looks good too but no one has reviewed one AFAIK. It may have a different power section, but it does have an Intel Lan on it.

Looks like the Fatality is not available at newegg

I am betting that Asrock got tired of paying royalty to "John". I have looked about pretty hard and I imagine the 990FX Extreme9 is going to replace the Fatal1ty 990FX Professional.

When I saw the original pics of the Ext9 it was odd and now that there are better pics on the Asrock Website, I can more readily see that the Ext9 is more and more likely the Fatal1ty replacement board.

I would have no issue whatsoever giving the Asrock 990FX Exteme9 a try since it seems very much ahead of the 970 ext3 and ext4.
RGone...

Back