• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard Choosing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarrenP

I know i've made a thread like this before, but my mind often changes, and it's gone from an ASUS board, to the ASUS Sabertooth Z77, to the Asrock Extreme6 and now i don't know what to pick... yet again...

So i'm going out shopping today for parts, i have the rest of the list together but i need a motherboard here are what it needs to have:

USB 3.0 onboard headers
Z77 North Bridge Chipset
2 PCI 3.0 (16x) (8x, 8x)
UEFI Bios
great onboard audio
LGA 1155 Socket
4 DIMMS
and if you could get it for less than 150 bucks at this store:
http://www.canadacomputers.com
thanks in advance! :D

Exteme6... yet again. $160 new on Newegg... or buy the open box for $119

though its not at that store :)

I looked at the TB4 but didn't think anything of it, or going to use it, again not much of an asrock fan. They seem like they're not great boards, if anything i'd rather have an ASUS, how's your board? do you like it?

Asrock used to be Asus. They branched off. imo theyre the same quality as Asus. And if youre talking about the board in my sig... no. I hate it. Which is why I just ordered an Asrock Extreme6 lol

Well damn, i'm going out in about an hour, so quick! :p i'm thinking an ROG Maximus V Extreme ( it's on clearance at the store i'm going to!) for 388 bucks though :/

Save ~$150 and grab a ASRock z77 OC Formula or MSI z77 MPower.

Stick to one thread kiddo.. ;)

Sweet, that's the one i'm getting. it's decided. thanks Earthdog i trust your opinion, and your thoughts on it, lets hope this turn out to be the board for me

Back