• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

motherboard decision on upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toddm27

so I've been out of it for about 4 years, lol, I'm looking at an asrock extreme 4 and extreme 6, is there any point to getting the 6 outside of it's a full size atx board? looking at doing a cheap build to replace my x58 and 920, still torn on doing a 3770k vs 3570k, but it seems these asrock boards have evolved since I've been away, thanks in advance

Nope. Not in my opinion. It has a couple more USB ports, but I think all the power phases are the same...

Hi toddm27, good choice of boards :) I often see Asrock recommend a lot on this forum over the past few months.

With regards to 3570k vs 3770k, I and it seems many others seem to go through the same on trying to decide which to go for. This link helped me to understand the benefits of HT and how it would benefit me, maybe it will help you in your decision.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ivy-bridge-benchmark-core-i7-3770k,3181.html

General consensus I find is that the 3570k is the best bang for buck, especially if your primary use for it is gaming. Then again, I haven't checked on latest prices in a few months.

Back