• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard for fx 8320 Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Let me say the truth...

I copied what is written below directly from the NewEgg overview and is exactly what I meant about reading the "hyped stuff" about the ram. And it says the ram is about AMD Llano/AM3+ platforms. So it should work fine in most any AM3+ mobo and if you should have issues with the ram and kept a "copy" of that information; you have ammunition with the ram maker if RMA is necessary. That is why I like to see any ram say it is at least related to the system in my hands.

Dual-Channel DDR3 1866 Reaching the optimal balance between the sheer speed of DDR3 and low latency, the G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series DDR3 memory kit is rated at 1866MHz 9-10-9-28 to provide ample computing capability to the Intel LGA1155 and AMD Llano/AM3+ platforms.

RGone...

By the way, you get the Asrock Killer board and all the and the only legwork has been done by "bob4933" in his posting in the AMD Mobo forum section.

By the way "bob4933" has posted to you in this thread and stated that IF you could strecth the monies he would go Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 and I agree. BUT if you cannot or will not due the color thingie, you should do okay enough with the 990FX KILLER thingie.

Good luck man.
RGone...

Which I obviously have the FX but, i was told by someone that it may only support 8 gb of 1866 in 1 DIMM slot not 2x4 like I have.

I don't know if someone answerd you on this, but what that says is that 8GB is max for each ram slot, you should be able to use 1GB, 2GB 4GB or 8GB on the board.
You will be fine with 2x4GB ram.

Back