• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard Shows Errors During Boot... No Beeps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZorAk

I recently built a new machine on the x99 platform. I am not sure if it is an issue or not, since the computer still passes post and boots, but the motherboard shows different errors during boot up. The machine powers up, and then the cpu fans go to idle and it passes post and boots. I am using an EVGA Gold 850w psu and it does this on eco and non eco mode. Do I have an issue here? Or is this a power cycle I am just not used to?

PC Specs:
asrock x99 OC Formula
i7 5930
16gb ddr4 pc4-24000 sdram
GTX 980 ACX 2.0
evga 850w psu

Last edited:
Do you mean the LCD screen keeps showing random-seeming numbers and letters? If that's the case, it's normal.

Doesn't sound like an issue to me.

Do you mean the LCD screen keeps showing random-seeming numbers and letters? If that's the case, it's normal.

Doesn't sound like an issue to me.

No, I mean the motherboard's LED display.

The motherboard's LED display cycles through different error codes during boot up, then passes POST and boots without beeping. I am wondering if this is an issue I should worry about. I have already contacted asrock about the issue, yet there is a note when you contact them to contact the dealer first. The dealer is newegg, and I feel if this is there way of support, its definitely lacking, just to pass the buck. Like I said before, this very well could be an issue I am stressing over for no reason. If anyone could shed some light on the issue, I would be grateful.

That's what I was talking about, and it's normal. It's displaying what's currently being tested, when it hangs at a code and refuses to POST, that's when you worry.

If it bothers you, there's usually a way to turn it off in BIOS.

No beep? Does the board have a built in piazzo buzzer speaker? Not all do. If not they can be purchased for a few bucks and added. There is a pin out on the board for it if it doesn't come with a built-in one.

No beep? Does the board have a built in piazzo buzzer speaker? Not all do. If not they can be purchased for a few bucks and added. There is a pin out on the board for it if it doesn't come with a built-in one.

It doesnt have a built in motherboard speaker, but I do have one connected and it does work. I can get the pc to give me 5 short beeps if I leave the keyboard and mouse disconnected. Still boots. Therefore, I am certain the speaker is functional.

In the UEFI, you can turn off the Dr.Debug LED in Advanced/Chipset Configuration under Onboard Debug Port LED.

Check the Boot screen under Boot Beep to see if it's set to beep after POST.

would these not simply be diagnostic led's? My sabertooth seems to run through all the LED's before it'll post. Figured that was normal o_O

would these not simply be diagnostic led's? My sabertooth seems to run through all the LED's before it'll post. Figured that was normal o_O

It is normal, but I assume that it bothers the OP. I was suggesting a way to effectively ignore it.

Well, I was just kinda worried that it wasnt normal. I appreciate you guys taking time out to let me know that I shouldn't worry about it. It's just after a 2500 dollar build, I wanted to make sure that everything was kosher.

It doesnt have a built in motherboard speaker, but I do have one connected and it does work. I can get the pc to give me 5 short beeps if I leave the keyboard and mouse disconnected. Still boots. Therefore, I am certain the speaker is functional.

If there's a beep, there's a speaker on the motherboard somewhere. At that point on the sound/boot up process, audio would not be coming from any other speakers you may have connected to the system.

Back