• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard stand-offs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LadyQuake

Registered
Hi

The motherboard im getting says use the 9 holes in the board.

I have a Jeantech Case few years old now but uses clip-on stand-offs as pics below, they spring-out in the hole in case.

I cant find them for sale anywhere, not even ebay!

I have 8 of them would that be ok?

Anyone know a place that sells them? Or has any to sell? Im in the UK but would consider buying them abroad as light to send.

I tried emailing Jeantech but their parts email from website got returned as doesnt exist.

PICS of my stand-off :attn:

mb1.jpg

mb2.jpg

thanks
Shirl

Having 1 missing stand-off shouldn't be an issue, as long as the one missing isn't located next to adjacent DIMM slots, PCI / PCI-E slots, the 20 / 24-pin power connector, etc... basically not right next to any board components that require firm seating of cards or connectors. For example the lower RH corner of the board, adjacent to the front panel connector pins, would be a good place to locate the missing stand-off.

Be careful when removing and repositioning those spring clip standoffs. If you bend or twist them out of shape they won't stay put in the holes.

I can understand why they dont do them anymore, don't think they will fall out but they do slightly move even the ones I havent moved. Ill try and stretch the clips from the other side as I can take out the motherboard tray.

Shirl

Yeah, it's not a good system. I recently wrestled with a case with those kind of standoffs. I eventually threw it away. They tend to be used on cheap no-name cases and are not meant to be resused. At some point you might consider investing in a better case with several fans and good airflow.

Back