• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard won't turn on Asrock Z68 pro3 gen3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

speed206

Hi, I'm new on this website, and my motherboard is 2 months old and suddenly my computer doesn't turn on. I tried moving the jumper for between 5-8 seconds to reset bios but then the computer turned on for 3 seconds then shuts off. What reasons can this cause this and how can I get this computer to be alive again from its coma?

Did you do anything to it or did it do anything out of the ordinary before it stopped turning off? Also you should tell us what the full specs of your comp are.

I would unplug the PSU, reset the CMOS by taking out the battery or hitting the button if your motherboard has one. Then double check all the power connections and make sure everything is secure. Then if you can get into bios set everything to default and try and load up windows.

i got it to work again, but should I enable or disable hard disk Smart? I have crucial 128gb SSD and 320GB hard drive Western Digital

Last edited:
Back