• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboards for Intel Core2 Quad Q8300 needed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

akillerbanana

im 13 and im buying a pc. the PC it a Dell SQ9204 used and the CPU is a Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300. the problem is that the motherboard which comes with the computer only lets me use 4 gb max of ram and is only compatible with DDR2. Most motherboards which i have found are over £100 and i need somthing around the £50 mark, Please comment any links to any motherboards you thing would work.

For the price of a LGA775 motherboard, you are better off just getting a i3-i5 motherboard and cpu. The cost will be close, or the same, and possibly, even less then trying to get a good used LGA775 board, much less a new one.

Just use the sytem you have for now dont put any $ into that old Tech . 4 Gig should be more than enough for you . With 50+ tabs + playing youtube + Hitman Absolution + firmark + sissoft sandra I was only using 2.3gs of ram

Back