• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mount EK DDC pump on top of a fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CROE

Registered
I am about to order the EK KIT X360, which has a included DDC 3.2 pump with 120mm fan mount holder.

As I will mount the radiator in the front, I will have little space left, and therefore mounting the pump on top of the bottom chassi fan would be a great solution.

If I buy a 120mm fan and change it from my 140mm bottom fan and then mount the pump on top the new 120mm, would that be a good setup? Or would it have a negative impact, as in more vibration or anything like that? Is it worth buying a new fan for this?

My setup would look like this:
rBEJ8Qd.jpg

Should I change the setup or does it look good?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Make some measurements. Always search for other examples of your case with custom liquid cooling configurations to help your idea come true. Buy some angle fittings to help keep your tubing straight, etc. Buy some LEDs if you want some "cool" factor.

You plan on running only SSD's for storage? I don't see anyplace to mount a platter HD. Make sure you're going to have room to fit the Gpu with the Reservoir located in the drawing.

Make some measurements. Always search for other examples of your case with custom liquid cooling configurations to help your idea come true. Buy some angle fittings to help keep your tubing straight, etc. Buy some LEDs if you want some "cool" factor.

It is not reelly the measurements I was wondering about, rather if "pump on top of fan" is a good solution. And wether it is worth buying a 120mm fan or not.

There is not any angle fittings included, hope it workshop without. Any I do not reelly need LEDs as I have no window and like it dark and quiet. Thanks for the help tho! :)

You plan on running only SSD's for storage? I don't see anyplace to mount a platter HD. Make sure you're going to have room to fit the Gpu with the Reservoir located in the drawing.

Only SSD yes, HDD runs too loud and I do not really need the space.

There is a lot of room for the GPU, as the case is pretty roomy. Thanks for the input tho. :)

It is not reelly the measurements I was wondering about, rather if "pump on top of fan" is a good solution. And wether it is worth buying a 120mm fan or not.

There is not any angle fittings included, hope it workshop without. Any I do not reelly need LEDs as I have no window and like it dark and quiet. Thanks for the help tho! :)

Only SSD yes, HDD runs too loud and I do not really need the space.

There is a lot of room for the GPU, as the case is pretty roomy. Thanks for the input tho. :)

That's fine. Just make sure before you purchase, things are lining up.

As far as the fan goes, is this a pump fan bracket? I believe I've seen those around here and there.

What case is that? I know it's a Fractal Design. If it has the door, it's going to have somewhat of a negative impact on airflow into the rad.

As far as the fan goes, is this a pump fan bracket? I believe I've seen those around here and there.

Yes, it is included in the kit: https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-uni-holder-ddc-spider-120mm-fan

What case is that? I know it's a Fractal Design. If it has the door, it's going to have somewhat of a negative impact on airflow into the rad.

It is the Define S, and Yes, it has a front panel (not a door). There is a dust filter mounted there so that is why I the rad in the front. There is more space for airflow in the front of the Define S compared to the regular R-series.

Yes, it is included in the kit: https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-uni-holder-ddc-spider-120mm-fan

It is the Define S, and Yes, it has a front panel (not a door). There is a dust filter mounted there so that is why I the rad in the front. There is more space for airflow in the front of the Define S compared to the regular R-series.

Mounting the DDC pump on the fan pushing air to the bottom of the pump will even help cool it. One thing that you need to make sure is that this fan mount placement won't interfere with your PSU depending on the PSU length.

Back