• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mounting drives vertically?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

comeback-kid

Registered
hey, this is my first build so excuse me if this is a dumb question. I have 2 drives I'd like to mount in the bottom 5.25 cage of my case and I've been having trouble with the brackets I bought at my local computer store. I was messing around with the drives today and noticed they fit perfectly if you install them vertically instead of horizontal. I was wondering if this could harm anything and if anyone has done this? It would be great for cooling since I have 2 case fans directly infront of the 5.25 cage that would be blowing right on the drives. thanks

It should work fine. Actually probably better for cooling since air can flow right up the side instead of being trapped under the bottom when its sitting flat.

Yep, vertical works fine.

Susquehannock-newsys1.jpg

most small sized tower computer u buy from dell, compaq, etc have they mounted vertically on the front of the case.

Back