• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mouse Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChanceCoats123

d20 in a jacket
My apologies if this is either in the wrong spot, or has already been discussed, but a quick search didn't find anything promising. :-/

I currently use a Logitech G500 after using a Logitech G5 before that mouse. Now I've been playing BF4 lately and noticed that I'll be hoping right click to zoom, and every now and then I'll just unzoom and zoom again quickly (while I was still holding). So needless to say, one of the buttons is on its way out.

I started looking for a new mouse last night and found some options. I've decided I don't want to go insane for the budget, but I do want a "gaming" mouse, so it has to be laser tracking, adjustable DPI, preferably extra button that can be programmed, and Logitech is a bonus because I already have some of their products (G110 KB and the above mentioned G500 Mouse).

Anyway, I came across the Corsair M65, and the Logitech G602. They are both a bit different, and that's what has me left with questions.

1. Does anyone here use wireless mice for gaming? I've always liked wired mice, but I can see myself using a wireless as long as it doesn't affect gameplay.

2. I can tell you right now that I don't often use over 2000 DPI, and I usually use much lower (~1000) for gaming. Would the 2500 max sensor on the G602 be an issue? And I can only assume that the 8200 DPI of the M65 would just be wasted...

3. Does anyone have suggestions for comparable mice with comparable specs and price? I'm definitely open to new options here.

Thanks in advance!!!

I'm using a logitech m310,only changed the batterys twice in 2 years with constant use haha,has no lag at all would highly reccomend, wouldn't consider it a "gaming" mouse though.

Doesn't look bad, I just need a bit more customization from my mouse, namely those extra buttons. Thanks though!

I actually had a problem with my G5 a while ago, and this G500 was sent as the replacement. But I was told that the G500 would be on the same warranty as the G5, so that has long expired (probably 1-2 years ago). Logitech support is great though. :thup:

I wouldn't mind going with another Logitech product (I probably prefer it, really), but I wanted to see what the community says about the mice on the market now (as you can see, the G500 is an older mouse and I've been out of it).

Well, I love my G700. I recommend it because of the extra buttons and the fact that if you plug it in then it isn't wireless.

The G500s is out, you could get that if you really like your G500.

If you like your G500, take a look at the G400. The G400 is the successor to the famed MX518.

So I think I'm down to the 500s and the 700s. So I guess it depends on what's in stock when I head to Best Buy. Thanks for the help, fellas!

Have you seen this? Link

I was quite surprised by its value. However I'm totally a claw mouse user so keep that in mind. But it's sups comfortable for me.

My apologies if this is either in the wrong spot, or has already been discussed, but a quick search didn't find anything promising. :-/

I currently use a Logitech G500 after using a Logitech G5 before that mouse. Now I've been playing BF4 lately and noticed that I'll be hoping right click to zoom, and every now and then I'll just unzoom and zoom again quickly (while I was still holding). So needless to say, one of the buttons is on its way out.

I started looking for a new mouse last night and found some options. I've decided I don't want to go insane for the budget, but I do want a "gaming" mouse, so it has to be laser tracking, adjustable DPI, preferably extra button that can be programmed, and Logitech is a bonus because I already have some of their products (G110 KB and the above mentioned G500 Mouse).

Anyway, I came across the Corsair M65, and the Logitech G602. They are both a bit different, and that's what has me left with questions.

1. Does anyone here use wireless mice for gaming? I've always liked wired mice, but I can see myself using a wireless as long as it doesn't affect gameplay.

2. I can tell you right now that I don't often use over 2000 DPI, and I usually use much lower (~1000) for gaming. Would the 2500 max sensor on the G602 be an issue? And I can only assume that the 8200 DPI of the M65 would just be wasted...

3. Does anyone have suggestions for comparable mice with comparable specs and price? I'm definitely open to new options here.

Thanks in advance!!!

I used to use wireless mice but you get much better reaction time and accuracy with wired ones and I never went back.

I'd second a g500s it's significantly better over the g500. Or if you like buttons, go with the g600 like you wanted.

Yeah and don't try to get too cocky with it!! I sure meant the mouse by the way!! :chair: :D

AJ.

Of course, but I just had to comment because my mind immediately went there and I thought it was hilarious. Anyway, those mice look cool.

I ended up grabbing the G700s. I haven't used it yet, but it looks pretty nice, and it feels good in my hand (tried it out at BB).

Back