• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mouse has strange and very annoying lag

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

When I run my mouse cursor over open windows it lags for a few seconds and then stops untill I click on said windows and then does it again.
Not sure if this is a gpu, monitor or windows problem. I've tried reinstalling my mouse drivers and nvidia drivers, didn't help.
The only way I knew how to show this issue was to record it. Since I don't know how to record my screen I had to use my phone. Not sure how to upload a video though. This issue just started out of no where yesterday. Anyone know what could be causing this?

I believe there's a windows setting for mouse snapping to windows, may want to look through control panel or google that.

fwiw your youtube app on your phone should allow you to upload. alternatively if you wanted to record the screen your nvidia geforce experience can probably do that, I'm sure there's other free software a google search away as well.

You're not using a TV screen for monitor are you? I get this effect you describe with my HTPC on the TV. I think the TV isn't able to process fast enough to make the mouse movement be smooth. It's an older 1080p flat screen.

Mouse drivers? Last I checked they're plugnplay even on a smartphone. All I know is if it's some fancy smancy mouse that has it's own drivers (software install) it should also have it's very own dedicated port and that being the fastest.
I have a powered Anker usb3 4 port dongle and I always have a usb thingy plugged in for my miniature kb/mouse remote controller. If I plug a regular usb3 flash drive into the same 4port extension, the remote controller has huge lag. The only other thing is to simply remove all the usb drivers, reboot and let it reset itself. ??

Back