• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mouse Plugged in PC won't get past BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zantal

I recently bought a Roccat Kone, Plugged it in and found that the bios freezes when trying to recognize usb devices (it sees only the keyboard and it stops there).

I tried messing around the options in the bios but nothing worked.
I tried every kind of usb port, integrated and frontal, still nothing.

Can someone explain to me what the hell is going on? I presume it is some kind of power requirement failure on device start (the mouse does turn on but the keyboard doesn't at that point)
If I plug in the mouse after the bios post then everything works fine.

I also ordered a new keyboard from roccat, and it is self illuminated, I fear it will encounter the same problems as with the mouse, forcing me to swap devices every time I want the damn thing on =(

pls help =((

Nope, doing it right now. But tbh I think this is a general problem with USBs and devices that try to draw too much power on startup.

If someone has another idea though.

Try changing USB settings? Maybe running something in compatibility mode (or not doing so) will alleviate the problem?

I thought I had my motherboard firmware updated, but apparently not. Updating firmware solved the problem.
I feel so dumb, should have checked instead of relying on corrupted memory :p

I thought I had my motherboard firmware updated, but apparently not. Updating firmware solved the problem.
I feel so dumb, should have checked instead of relying on corrupted memory :p

Glad you got it fixed :)

Back