• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Moving form data from 1 pdf file to another pdf file? Any way to do it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techiemon

Every year because I live overseas I have to fill out a financial crimes form called FBAR, which is really a violation of my personal financial information, but that is another story.. Anyway, we have to list all foreign bank addresses, bank names, account numbers, and highest value amount in the account every year and tons of other stupid information. And it is time consuming to write it. Well, the great US government decided to change the form to a new version this year without telling anyone, so when I submitted the old one, it was rejected. The forms look identical, but the form mouth and year have changed, so I have to use the new version. Usually I will just update the amounts in each account and submit the form, it takes me 30-45 minutes after I have the data, but retyping it all is going to take hours. There are so many pages and so much information in that file that frankly I do not want to rewrite all the data, I want to copy it over to the new form that they want us to fill out. Is there any simple way using the free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader to simply copy over all the form information to the new file? I have searched online and someone mentioned it can be exported as an FDF file or XFDF file, unfortunately these are not options in my version of Acrobat Reader.

EDIT: Nevermind I figured out how to do it, but unfortunately the file would not be accepted for whatever reason, I had to retype the entire thing. So much for Acrobat reader working like it is supposed to....

Last edited:
Acrobat Reader is just that. A "reader. " If you want to change stuff you have in PDF you have to have a product with editing ability. I don't know why you are blaming the free product for not allowing you to do what it was not designed to do.

Last edited:
Acrobat Reader is just that. A "reader. " If you want to change stuff you have in PDF you have to have a product with editing ability. I don't know why you are blaming the free product for not allowing you to do what it was not designed to do.

Not exactly true. For Acrobat reader forms, the information can be changed in the text boxes and that information CAN be exported and imported into a new form, I have done it, I have found how to do it, unfortunately for the submission to the USG it didn't work, the form probably corrupted itself in the import process. The free product did exactly what I wanted it to do, it copied and pasted almost every text box I wanted it to copy over. I don't know what gave you the impression I was blaming the software. You don't give enough credit to Acrobat Reader, even the free version has some cool functions.

Sorry, I misunderstood. So you're saying the free version apparently did what you wanted it to do but something went wrong at some point and "the file would not be accepted for whatever reason." Not accepted by who or what. You mean the government rejected it? You couldn't save it? AR would read it after the change? What do you mean here?

Hey, how did your machine upgrade go? Or is it still in progress?

Last edited:
Have you tried using one of the free PDF editors? I haven't used one in years but there may bee something out there that will do what you need. https://www.techradar.com/best/free-pdf-editor

Hey, how did your machine upgrade go? Or is it still in progress?

I did not try a pdf editor, and I am thinking it probably won't work. I read on ACR forums someone had the same problem as me, then tried the export/import function and indeed it corrupts the new form in the new version of the form, so... I had to retype all the stupid data in the new form, no way around it. Welcome to USG bureaucracy I guess.

As for the new system, I have it in my hands now, turned it on only twice. Whoever gave me the kinguin website is great, it worked, but I had to call MS twice to get them both activated. A tedious process, but I will say MS support has improved significantly. I hope that continues. Had some issues with the new machine, like not being able to find where to put the HDDs and control the blinking RGB lights, seller didn't think it was important to tell me these things. Different style of case and although easy, he should have told me. Anyway, it is in process, it is going to take awhile with work and things to get all the software reinstalled and then everything moved over. I need a full day to copy everything over and then figure out Outlook which is going to be the biggest task, because once everything else is there, it will be critical to move Outlook mail immediately over and start using the new system. Otherwise it seems like a pretty good build. But I am wondering one thing, why does the CPU fan move a bit side to side? Is this normal or is this a mistake from the installer?

I did not try a pdf editor, and I am thinking it probably won't work. I read on ACR forums someone had the same problem as me, then tried the export/import function and indeed it corrupts the new form in the new version of the form, so... I had to retype all the stupid data in the new form, no way around it. Welcome to USG bureaucracy I guess.

As for the new system, I have it in my hands now, turned it on only twice. Whoever gave me the kinguin website is great, it worked, but I had to call MS twice to get them both activated. A tedious process, but I will say MS support has improved significantly. I hope that continues. Had some issues with the new machine, like not being able to find where to put the HDDs and control the blinking RGB lights, seller didn't think it was important to tell me these things. Different style of case and although easy, he should have told me. Anyway, it is in process, it is going to take awhile with work and things to get all the software reinstalled and then everything moved over. I need a full day to copy everything over and then figure out Outlook which is going to be the biggest task, because once everything else is there, it will be critical to move Outlook mail immediately over and start using the new system. Otherwise it seems like a pretty good build. But I am wondering one thing, why does the CPU fan move a bit side to side? Is this normal or is this a mistake from the installer?

Do you mean the whole heat sink is shifting? The fan is mounted on a radiator sort of thing we call the heat sink. I've seen this with some aftermarket heat sinks that aren't securely mounted. There is a viscous, semi-liquid thermal paste that goes between the heat sink and the CPU and if the heat sink mounting hardware isn't exerting sufficient pressure it can allow the heat sink to shift.

Can you take a video of this problem with you camera phone and attach to a post?

Do you mean the whole heat sink is shifting? The fan is mounted on a radiator sort of thing we call the heat sink. I've seen this with some aftermarket heat sinks that aren't securely mounted. There is a viscous, semi-liquid thermal paste that goes between the heat sink and the CPU and if the heat sink mounting hardware isn't exerting sufficient pressure it can allow the heat sink to shift.

Can you take a video of this problem with you camera phone and attach to a post?

What I mean is when I looked at the fan when I opened the case it was a little twisted, meaning it was not straight to the eye, so I grabbed it and it easily moved left and right. It turns left and right. It is not shifting up and down like coming off the plate or anything.
The temps were running at just 25C, and for this chip that is fantastic even with nothing running these chips usually run at like 50C - 55C, so..

Here's the video.

Okay, I see. It was confusing when you said the CPU "fan" was "moving from side to side." It's actually the heat sink the fan is attached to that is twisting so the fan goes with it in the movement.

Looks like that heat sink might be the Cooler Master Hyper 212X. Yes, the mounting system in that family of CPU coolers does allow for some movement like that. I have owned the Hyper 212 Evo and it did that. Same cooler but comes with only one fan. I never felt entirely comfortable with that but as long as the temps under load are under control then I wouldn't worry about it. You could check to see if the four screws in the mounting hardware are fully tightened.

Attachments

• Hyper212X.png
    Hyper212X.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Back