• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

msconfig contains a weird setting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orion456

My msconfig in winxp contains the following setting:

When windows reboots it says it wants to run this file or is should be deleted from the registry. I have search the registry but can't find this. Any ideas?

Attachments

• msconfig setting.bmp
    29.4 KB · Views: 52
I've seen that before; I have seen that take place when a program is uninstalled but the uninstaller doesn't remove the start-up entry or when malware was prevalent on the system. Just unselect the check box and you should be fine (providing there isn't any malware on your system).

I've seen that before; I have seen that take place when a program is uninstalled but the uninstaller doesn't remove the start-up entry or when malware was prevalent on the system. Just unselect the check box and you should be fine (providing there isn't any malware on your system).

I did uncheck it, but when Windows boots it says it can't find the entry and it needs to be removed from the registry. I searched the registry for software\microsoft\windows NT\currentversion\windows and there is no such entry.

I did uncheck it, but when Windows boots it says it can't find the entry and it needs to be removed from the registry. I searched the registry for software\microsoft\windows NT\currentversion\windows and there is no such entry.

Just open regedit and navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
or
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows

The key should be in one of those.

Back