• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Msi 7145 BIOS (Mr.Scott where are you!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silver_Pharaoh

Likes the big ones n00b Member
Hey everyone!

I have an Msi 7145 mobo (RS480M they call it) with 1GB DDR400 and an AMD Athlon 64 @ 2.4 GHz.

Bios has ZERO OC options so does anyone have a custom bios? I have a bios file called "MS-7145 v1.09 I think it's modded but the bios flasher said chipset error and I think that bios is for Award bios's.

Also, I think at one point it was an "e machines" hunk of junk as the stupid big "e" logo shows up at boot :sly:

As far as the BIOS says, it's an Phoenix Award type BIOS.

So any options to help me overclock this thing?

Thanks,
Silver_Pharaoh

he should be around soon, but if he doesn't show up look for him at Classic platforms.com

Cool thanks guys!

Of course, the thread is not exclusively for Mr.Scott, though he did give me a BIOS mod that I couldn't find.

If anyone knows anything about this rather restricted mobo let me know! :)

Silver_Pharaoh

I'm not allowed to hand out bios's from CP, otherwise I'd look it up. Mr.Scotty has to get it to you sorry for that.

I have the same bios you downloaded.
Problem is, that board was made OEM and retail, and the bios' are not interchangeable. That bios only works on the retail version. There is nothing you can do with the OEM version.

I have the same bios you downloaded.
Problem is, that board was made OEM and retail, and the bios' are not interchangeable. That bios only works on the retail version. There is nothing you can do with the OEM version.

And bummer.

Noooooooo!

Rats, I'll try flashing the actual MSI bios now... With any luck maybe it'll work!

Maybe I'll kill the mobo! :p Just kidding, my brother wouldn't be too happy...:D

I'll let everyone know if a few minutes...

Silver_Pharaoh

Say, anyone know how to OC a floppy drive? I don't like waiting for the image to transfer.. :p

I'm not allowed to hand out bios's from CP, otherwise I'd look it up. Mr.Scotty has to get it to you sorry for that.

You're a good man Jon. Only the bios' that myself or Dano mod are not up for grabs. Anything else in the bios database is a free for all. :)

You're a good man Jon. Only the bios' that myself or Dano mod are not up for grabs. Anything else in the bios database is a free for all. :)

I'd ask first any how. Because you guys would know which one would be best for the needs ;)

Hold on... Of course you guys know I'm new right?
Mr.Scott... You mod bios's?!? :thup:

That's extremely useful (and cool)! :attn:

Also, nope the flash failed unkow chipset were it's exact words.

What about another bridge mod guys? Would you be willing to put up with me again for advice? :p

Silver_Pharaoh

939's are not bridgemodable. You can pin mod for extra voltage and use Clockgen for bus speed, but you won't be able to control the ram dividers or HT link speed. That will hamper your overclocking severely.

Just another thought...

Any way to force flash the mobo?

Or too risky and better off bridge modding again?

Silver_Pharaoh

You can't force a flash on a mismatched chipset or bios chip. You can only force on a mismatched checksum or manufacturer.

939's are not bridgemodable. You can pin mod for extra voltage and use Clockgen for bus speed, but you won't be able to control the ram dividers or HT link speed. That will hamper your overclocking severely.

939's if your talking socket, then you are wrong... It's a socket 754 according to cpu-z

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
That's the cpu if that helps

Silver_Pharaoh

HOLY SNAP!!!!! I HOT FLASHED THE BIOS!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And it worked!

I was able to hot flash the bios using "Winflash" from Phoenix (the bios company)
I flashed the same BIOS Mr.Scott has!!!

Okay...I need to settle down first then look at some of the new options! :thup:

Silver_Pharaoh

939's if your talking socket, then you are wrong... It's a socket 754 according to cpu-z

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
That's the cpu if that helps

Silver_Pharaoh

My bad. Saw A64 and thought 939 because not many mess with 754 anymore.

Hotflash is when you flash a boards bios chip from a different board while it's running.

What you did was somehow disable the protection switch and force a non-compatable flash. You got lucky. 95% of the time that results in a bricked board.

Ooops! Thanks, I thought that's what "Hot flashing" was.

Anyway, my heart hit the floor when I booted up and it said "PXE MAC does not match hardware ID!" or something like that, it would not boot.

Turns out disabling network booting fixes that issue!.
I was hoping for some FSB options, but there was none. Just some basic DRAM configs, clock speed for onboard VGA I think and some other settings. The max HT link I can set is still 1000 MHz. I'll look more but I think that's it. :-/

Might be harder the OC than I thought...

Any ideas?
Silver_Pharaoh

Back