• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Msi 7145 BIOS (Mr.Scott where are you!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No HT link speeds, can't find a way to overclock it other than setting a different speed and it's already at max...

Any software perhaps?

Silver_Pharaoh

Ooops! Thanks, I thought that's what "Hot flashing" was.

Anyway, my heart hit the floor when I booted up and it said "PXE MAC does not match hardware ID!" or something like that, it would not boot.

Turns out disabling network booting fixes that issue!.
I was hoping for some FSB options, but there was none. Just some basic DRAM configs, clock speed for onboard VGA I think and some other settings. The max HT link I can set is still 1000 MHz. I'll look more but I think that's it. :-/

Might be harder the OC than I thought...

Any ideas?
Silver_Pharaoh

Socket 754 boards/CPU's were 800MHz stock on the HTLink, and usually got unstable past 900MHz in my experience. So, I'm not surprised that your new bios maxes out at 1000MHz.

Man, you do like to overclock some difficult boards, don't you?

I've never heard of anyone tweaking or overclocking an OEM board.

If you want a socket 754 MSI to overclock, I recommend the MS-7135 K8N Neo3 H (nForce 4-4x chipset). It's a good board, but not the easiest to find these days.

Man, you do like to overclock some difficult boards, don't you?

I've never heard of anyone tweaking or overclocking an OEM board.

Ha! You want a real challange? Try to overclock my main rig!
Intel H67 chipset! Locked i5-2300! Standard OEM BIOS!

That's a real hard rig to OC 'cause it can't be done! :p

But no, I just like to OC stuff sometimes and these rigs / mobo's are all I have to OC! (I'm not going to OC my Windows 3.1 rig! :p )

Also, I just looked at the Athlon 3200+, no bridges to connect and OC. Just a pin mod for more volts!)

Since I have the modded BIOS and there are not OC options for the HT link, I guess this board can't be OC'd? :shrug:

Silver_Pharaoh

with modded bios and still no options I probably wouldn't press the issue. even if you were able to OC through windows (which is still a possibility), given the age of the mobo and who it was made for and the hot components it has on it I doubt it would last long.

but still congrats on forcing OEM modded bios into a retail prebuilt board, its difficult. I managed it once on an asus pre built machine I found dumpster diving...

but still congrats on forcing OEM modded bios into a retail prebuilt board, its difficult. I managed it once on an asus pre built machine I found dumpster diving...

Thanks Niku-Sama! :)

I was thinking along those lines too. I tried some windows based overclocking, but my board was not supported by cpucool. There must be some other software that is more up to date but I don't know of such software.

I'll mark this as solved: This board can't Overclock :(

Thanks to everyone for the help! :thup:
Silver_Pharaoh

A bit late, but here goes. There is an s939 equivalent of that board, MS-7184/7093, used in hp and emachines. Someone made or found a Clockgen version that knows the clock generator chip of that board(PLL => ICS95141, ICS951412 or ICS951416). No PCI lock lock though so stability was lost above some 216MHz HT.

Chances are that MS-7145 uses the same clock gen chip so if you find that CPUID ClockGen program, it might enable overclock a little bit.

Ahh! Thanks mammut. :thup:

I will look into a newer clockgen. I did try that but I didn't try any other makes/models!

Thank-you!
Silver_Pharaoh

Back