• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI 865PE overclocking Possible help for others

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

poke

I used to have an XP2800+ and msi k7n2 delta board (about 2 months old) and this guy wanted to trade me for his 2.4 and the msi 865pe neo2 board about 4 months old) and I did some quick research and found out how well people were overclocking with the 2.4c and so I went for the deal. Now I was trying to overclock and I couldn't get it past 2.8ghz with ddr400 which was really annoying me seeing as this is supposed to be one of the greatest overclocking chips going (and it wasn't 100% stable at that) when I accidentily stumbled onto this forum post:

http://forum.msi.com.tw/thread.php?...82015ad176754c7

and they sugested in one of the Q&A's

Q: My system does not run stably with DDR400
A: Set DDR Voltage to 2.7V and above for DDR400, regardless what the RAM manufacturer advertised

so I did that and whammo I hit 3.4 for a joke (100% stable after running prime95 for 8hrs with no errors). Just thought someone else might end up finding this usefull

So this is just speculation but I figure the guy I traded with wasn't able to o/c past 2.8 either and so he thought I was a sucker...and I almost thought I was but it turned out for me imho

:p

Back