• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI 870-c45 FX V2 + FX-8350 = Stable ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

In5urgent

Registered
Hello!
I buy new FX-8350 + Wraith Cooler !

My system now:

FX-4100 3.6 Stock
MSI 870-C45 FX V2 (Bios v3.2 - Update AGESA Code for Vishera.)
8 GB DDR3-1333
Saphire AMD R7 360 Nitro
Chieftec Proton 500w 80+ Bronze (8 pin CPU Power) - NEW !!!
Windows 7 x64

Tell me please... in FX 8350 - Stable Work in my MotherBoard !!!???
(people say about VRM / 4+1 phases)

i can make Cooling for VRM !!

If a put down clock 4000 to 3.600 or 3.300 and down CPU Core Voltage ....

I can get a level FX-8300 ???
for stable to my MB !
---

I dont use OVERLOCK or Stress Test !!!
I only play games and watch Internet-TV and Films.
(Most of the games I blocked the FPS for 30, because I play from a distance on the game controller (for games i using my pc like a console) ... and this reduces the load system )

Thanks.

MSI and FX8XXX CPU just didn't play well together. MSI claims compatibility but I would be hesitant to put an 8 core CPU on that board in truth it is only an AMD 770 chipset. At stock …. Maybe would be my best guess and I hesitate to do that.

if i DOWN CLOCK to ~3.5 and DOWN Voltage...
the load will be less...

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

if i can down him to level 8300 95w ...

You could very well be spending money for a cpu that might not work. MSI claims support so technically it should work. If you do change CPU you will need to check your Socket temp while running some heavy load ..… if your Socket temp is too high you will need to add a fan blowing across the VRM and the back of the motherboard socket area. You want to keep the socket temp below 60*C as reported by HWMonitor….. the free version is fine. https://cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Yes, I constantly monitor the temperature and I want to make Cooling to the VRM and the north bridge...

33.jpg

I want DOWN clock and VCore on my FX-8350... to make it FX-8300 !!
Its realy in BIOS ????

Thanks.

The final choice is up to you. Check your temp before you downclock while under load, the FX8XXX CPU is a different beast then the FX4100 you will see allot more heat.

i overlock my FX-4100 to 4.2 and work cool over 3 years ) in 4-pin CPU Power.

How i can make 8Pin CPU Power and down clock to 3.600 or 3.3000 on my FX-8350 - to DOWN TPD and Wattage...

this can be done ???

I have new 8pin PSU power for FX8300...

it's really important for me to configure it on my motherboard ... in any way but in order not to strain the board...
Please help me...

first run the 8350 and see what happens with temp. Underclocking is as simple as lowering your multiplyer and cpu voltage.

first run the 8350 and see what happens with temp. Underclocking is as simple as lowering your multiplyer and cpu voltage.

Yes... but i afraid put in in my MB (
i make Cooling Tomorrow... (ordered coolers)

I can not take a risk. reinsure on this..

PS: Thanks for your cooperation in my question..!!!)

When your cooler comes in and you're are ready set it up and test …. check your temps on load if its below 60*C you are good. i'll be working tomorrow but someone will be around that can help if you need it.

When your cooler comes in and you're are ready set it up and test …. check your temps on load if its below 60*C you are good. i'll be working tomorrow but someone will be around that can help if you need it.

Thank you very much for your support ...!!!
Usually people say - buy a new motherboard (

Thanks Dude !

Honestly you very well might end up buying a new board in the end. If you had even mentioned overclocking that's what I would have said but you said stock or even underclocked so ..... maybe. Try it and you will see how it works at stock it won't hurt anything you have nothing to loose and we'll see what happens.

Update^

I have 2 (60mm) coolers ...
And store promised to deliver tomorrow + 2 (40mm) coolers...
I am waiting...

If the motherboard manufacturer's website says the FX-8450 8350 is compatible with the motherboard you should not worry about harming the motherboard just by installing the CPU and turning the system on. It might down-throttle under heavy load because of VRM temps, however but it should run just fine under light use and allow you to do some down-clocking in bios if you wish. But don't get rid of your FX-4100 just yet as you may find it actually performs better overclocked at 4.2 than an underclocked FX-8350.

Last edited:
Thanks.
Yes, my FX4100 is Very Good!
but in Somenew games, like Battlefield 1/5 , Mafia 3, Just Cause 4, - CPU Usage 100% all time, and FPS down ~15-19.
I think new "multi-core" games - better work in 6-8 core Processor.

youtube show me difference on this games on FX4100 and FX83xx.
FX8xx load this games on ~70-85 %

but in most games, my FX-4100 I am completely satisfied...

FX-4100 load on ~60-95% is most games.

Ps: battlefield 3/4 i play good)

All I'm saying is not to burn your bridges behind you. In case the FX-8350 doesn't work out on that low end motherboard you would have the FX-4300 to fall back on. Don't get rid of it right away.

Back