• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Case-Mod Competition 2004!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LogRus

title.gif

image1.gif
image2.gif

WHO'S NEXT?
Every few years or so, the computing world takes a drastic change - from breaking the GigaHertz barrier in 1999 to the introduction of Hyper-Threading technology or 64-bit computing into the consumer desktop space. This time around, the radical change will take place in your garage, backyard or even in your secret tree house. Yes! And this is the time and place where you can start to put your creativity and thoughts to work and contribute your ideas to shape the future of PCs.

The MSI Case-Mod Competition is our first ever contest that seeks talented computer users to showcase their own custom designed PCs. Contestants will get the chance to show off their “home-made” PC, be eligible to walk away with some very cool prizes. It doesn't matter if you're a newbie or expert, the contest is opened to individuals with a creative mind and those that dare to be different.

Let the Modding Begin!
MSI Computer Corp. (“MSI” or “Sponsor”) is calling for all PC modders to enter the first ever MSI Case Mod Competition. The contest aims to find the most creative and professional custom-made PC in the U.S. and Canada . Entrants will have the opportunity to win the best and the latest MSI products.

Entries for the MSI Case Mod Competition are now open and the top twenty finalists will be showcased online between May 28- June 4, 2004 for online voting of the most popular. To be eligible for the MSI Case Mod Competition, the PCs entered must be a fully functional modified design and be able to boot up. Judges from MSI will judge entries on their creativity/originality (40%), technical difficulty (30%), workmanship (20%), and completeness (10%) .

To participate, entrant must submit two pictures of his/her modding system to [email protected] and registration closes 4:00pm ( Eastern Standard Time ) on May 21, 2004 . The only entries that will be considered eligible entries are entries received within the time frames described above that contain the required information. We suggest all contestants to consider adding a description of the two pictures you are entering in the email, including:

(1) Name of contestant?
(2) Name of the modded box?
(3) Estimated cost to build?
(4) Estimated time to mod?
(5) Components used:
-- Motherboard
-- Video Card
-- Processor
-- Memory
-- Hard Drive
(6) Is this the first contest the machine has been entered in?
(7) Other interesting notes about this mod (200 words Max):

Prizes
Main competition

• First prize- one winner ( 1 st Place ) will be awarded $2,000 shopping credits for any MSI products, whichever you prefer.
• Second prize- one winner ( 2 nd Place ) will be awarded $1,000 shopping credits for any MSI products, whichever you prefer.
• Third prize- one winner ( 3 rd Place ) will be awarded one MSI NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra chipset video card.
• Forth prize- one winner ( 4 th Place ) will be awarded one MSI ATI Radeon X800XT chipset video card.
• Fifth prize- one winner ( 5 th Place ) will be awarded one MSI Mega 180 or Mega 865 HTPC Barebone System at the winner's choice.

Upon accepting the awards, you agree to supply a detailed description of the case mod, how you did it, and other mod-related experience. We'll publish the winners on our website. For the first prize and second prize winners, product purchases have to be made through MSI only before 12/31/2004 . Product value will be based on the market price (MSRP) of each product.

Viewers' Choice Award

Pictures of the top twenty finalist mods will be loaded on MSI website ( http://www.msicomputer.com/casemod ) so visitors can vote for their favorite. Check back on this website between May 28- June 4, 2004 to see the finished mods and to cast your vote! Each visitor is eligible for one vote ONLY !

Ten winners will be selected from those entrants, who made the selection. Each winner will be awarded with one MSI Mega Stick 128 MP3 Player.

Official rules for MSI Case-Mod Competition

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. NO LIMIT ON COMPONENTS USED.

1. Eligibility : The contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and Canada, who are thirteen (13) years or older at the time of entry. Entrant who is not affiliated with MSI and has a valid email address is eligible. You can submit as many entries as you want, but only one is going to be eligible for winning, prizes from the same person each time.

2. Topic : All entries must be somewhat linked to case modding. It can be the modification of shape, painting, add-ons, cutting and numerous other ways.
3. Format of entry : Two images files of your modding system are required to be eligible for the contest. Each image file width must be smaller than 400K. All entries shall have a front view and one supporting view from a different angle.
4. Copyright : You promise that you are the copyright owner of the image and you own the system in the image. Should there be any copyright infringement claims arising from your post or winning the contest, you're responsible for it! MSI reserves the rights to reject any entry if the participant will not cooperate to provide proof when an entry is being questioned.
5. Usage of submitted images : Once submitted, each image file becomes a record on our web site. Although you still own the original copy right to the image, you agree to allow MSI to use the image without any conditions attached.
6. Safety : MSI is not responsible or liable in any ways for any injuries that occur in the process of the case modding. Case modding involves sophisticated machinery and heavy equipments are discouraged and we strongly advise that precautions be taken during the process.
7. Entries must be received between April 23, 2004 and 11:59 pm (Eastern Standard Time) on May 21, 2004 . MSI will select the prize winners on or about June 10, 2004 from among all eligible entries received. Prize winners will be notified by e-mail ONLY.
8. MSI assumes no responsibility for lost, misdirected or late entries or entries containing incorrect or incomplete information. Winners notified by e-mail must respond within seven (7) calendar days and no alternate winner will be chosen. Prizes will be shipped to the winners within 2-3 weeks.
9. Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prizes for cash or other goods or services is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to provide substitute prizes of approximately equal value. Prize winners are responsible for all taxes related to any prize received.
BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND ACCEPTED ALL OF THESE CONTEST RULES.

http://www.msicomputer.com/msiforms/casemod.asp

So... who's Next? :), I really think that because OC-Forums has very tallented people, we would see one of them to be one of the WINNER's :D.

You just gotta love the prizes! EVEN if you'll be 3rd you'll get latest nVidia 6800u and 4th ATi X800XT !!!

Don't miss that out!!

Last edited:
t1mex said:
im sure capt. slug could produce something that could win something :D
I'm flattered, but...

ARG!!! I don't have anything even close to being complete...
Plus I've sold off all of my spare hardware so I wouldn't have anything to base a new project off of.

Oh well. :(

Last edited:
Captain Slug said:

I'm flattered, but...

ARG!!! I don't have anything even close to being complete...
Plus I've sold off all of my spare hardware so I wouldn't have anything to base a new project off of.

Oh well. :(

you have 3 weeks :D

t1mex said:
you have 3 weeks :D
And a huge pile of polycarbonate that's taunting me...
But with no hardware to put in it, I'm kinda stuck.

I guess I'll just enter the Flamecube instead of trying to squeeze out something new in 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Captain Slug said:

And a huge pile of polycarbonate that's taunting me...
But with no hardware to put in it, I'm kinda stuck.

I guess I'll just enter the Flamecube instead of trying to squeeze out somehthing new in 3 weeks.

Lmao.... I was just about to say that. Besides those pics looked like amatures. Im sure you could impress these pplz:cool:

Bump

I know you want that new generation video cards to be yours :).

Last edited:
xX~EXCELSIOR~Xx said:
*Sniff*

Well I'll probably submit my case once it's fully complete into this, but with the likes of capitan slug entering I'll never win :D

-Excelsior
LOL :D
There's always second place. ;)

But really. It's going to be a voted competition so it's anyones game provided they make something over the top.

ahhhh, I can't stand it, the one time of the year where I have no spare time for modding..... (leaving the Military and moving back home, and even then getting a new job back in Cincinnati)

ohh, well, guess I'll enter next year, if they do it again. :(

hhhhmmmmm time to put my computer inside my fish tank idea...ive always thought about that....or a computer inside a matress with wireless keyboard mouse and tv as monitor....make my alum case a plane with wings and have it fly around my room....that would win..

"I'd rather win 4th than 3rd, X800XT >>>> than the 6800U..."

its funny, i was thinking the same thing.

"lets not start any video card wars here..."

but this guy has the right idea.

funny, i have an idea that would win, too. too bad it would take e about a year to complete, and thats if i had the $ for the parts.

Back