• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI K8N Neo4 for HTPC (w/NX66T128VP video)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

htpc_user

Hi,
I'm putting together my first HTPC, and I wanted to know what you all think about this combination:

Athlon64 3200 - Venice core
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum motherboard
Gigabyte GV-NX66T128VP fanless PCIe video card

I already have 2 sticks of DDR2 512mb ram, but I can't recall the brand at the moment.

I'm pretty set on the CPU and silent video card. Mostly wondering if there are issues with it and the motherboard.

Thanks!

htpc_user said:
Hi,
I'm putting together my first HTPC, and I wanted to know what you all think about this combination:

Athlon64 3200 - Venice core
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum motherboard
Gigabyte GV-NX66T128VP fanless PCIe video card

I already have 2 sticks of DDR2 512mb ram, but I can't recall the brand at the moment.

I'm pretty set on the CPU and silent video card. Mostly wondering if there are issues with it and the motherboard.

Thanks!

No issues that I can see, I have the same mobo MSI PLatinum NF4 , it is excellent , I have not played around alot with it but it is super stable so far and set up was a snap

CK

The only thing I'd say is check your memory if you intend to do any kind of overclocking at all.

By all accounts your venice 64 will overclock very nicely, but you may be limited by the memory.

Welcome to the forum BTW

Back