• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Lightning 290x Fan Control

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zithlop

Hi all. So recently bought a 290x, and I noticed in software like CCC and MSI afterburner, when I set the fan speeds manually, it is only setting the fan speed of the two outside fans and leaves the middle fan on its own. Problem is, the middle fan can get quite loud, even when the card is only running mid to high 60s.

The only fix for this that I found was by using MSI's VGA Fan Control .. but what a pain in the *** that is. I would have to run it every restart, keep it running 24/7, and adjust the fan speeds manually everytime. Is there any way I can set all three fan speeds to what I want them to run at without having to mess with it everytime I restart my computer? Really surprised I can't find anything on this, thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Only MSI Fan Control AFAIK will do it. I thought that you could have it startup with windows though???

That is the way it was when I reviewed the card and haven't heard about any changes to that. Common complaint in some reviews. ;)

Only MSI Fan Control AFAIK will do it. I thought that you could have it startup with windows though???

That is the way it was when I reviewed the card and haven't heard about any changes to that. Common complaint in some reviews. ;)

Yeah I'm sure you can set it up to automatically run but the settings aren't saved on restart so I'd have to edit fan speeds all over again

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, are they supposed to be saving?

Back