• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI SLI Plus & Pump/Fan issues (need help)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolfen2

Hello Guys. I need a bit of help and I hope I am posting in the correct section.
I recently built my new watercooling PC and I am having a little bit of an issue with my pump (EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM) & my fan setup with my motherboard.

Below is a list of my PC parts.

CASE: PHANTEKS Enthoo Primo
MOTHERBOARD: MSI X99A SLI Plus
CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K
RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DIMM Kit 16GB, DDR4-2666
GRAPHIC CARD: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6 GB
1ST SSD: Samsung SSD 950 Pro 256GB, M.2
2ND SDD: Samsung SSD 850 Evo 500GB, SATA
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 Power Supply

My problem is the following: I currently have all 4 of my PWN fans for my 480 radiator plugged into CPUFAN2 (via a 4-way fan splitter). This leaves me with CPUFAN1 for my PWN Hub and my D5 pump. I want to have my pump running at 100% and I want control over the speed of my other fans in my system. The problem that I am facing is that I can’t seem to figure out how to do this with my current setup given that both the PWN hub and the D5 Pump needs to be plugged into CPUFAN1. I have tried plugging my Pump and PWM Hub into SYSFAN1 (separately), but it doesn’t appear to do anything (i.e. Fans don’t run).

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions that could help me out? I think I might be missing something, but I am not sure.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

For reference I had a X99S and have a X99A right now that I'm using.

I have a Corsair H100I GTX that I use to keep my 5930K cooled. The directions that Corsair provided worked like a charm. I set the intake and rear exhaust fans that came with the Corsair Graphite 780T to have their speeds controlled by the fan speed button on the top of the case.

In your case why not buy a fan speed controller? I found this on MicroCenter's site that mounts in the back of the computer and has a general knob for you to set and forget it. Then you can crank it to 100% and have the header on your board to drive the other fans you want based off the CPU temps.

Back