• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI z270 auto overclock questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R_Pierce

Alright guys, I have an MSi z270 Gaming M7 board, with an i7-7700k chip. I currently have the board stable at 5.1ghz with a vcore of 1.385 volts. Temps peak at about 63*c while running Prime95. *water cooled with a swiftech 320 x2 prestige*

My question is, has anyone had experience using the onboard "easy overclock" if you will?

They claim MOST chips should make it to 5.2ghz with there "set it and forget it" setup. I see that it volts the chip to 1.502 volts, which according to Intel is within spec for that chip, but I know most here say they dont like to go over 1.42 or so for daily use.

Just curious what everyone else thinks, or if anyone has had experience with these new boards and features?

Thanks in advance!!

Nevermind, dont need the auto overclock. Booted and ran CB15 just fine at 5.2ghz @ 1.480 volts. Never crossed 65*c. I was able to get 5.3ghz to boot at 1.495 volts, but couldnt get it to run CB15. It would just crash. Fun none the less, but we are now back on a 5.1 clock at 1.385 volts for daily use :)

I hope you are not planning to run the thing 24/7 with that amount of voltage. It will shorten the life of the CPU. For 24/7 you need to keep the vcore at not more thant 1.4.

I hope you are not planning to run the thing 24/7 with that amount of voltage. It will shorten the life of the CPU. For 24/7 you need to keep the vcore at not more thant 1.4.
Nope. It says it's back at 5.1 @ 1.385 for daily use

Back