• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Z390 Ace - USB charging while computer off?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mastroz

Am I able to do this for my Z390 Ace motherboard? I'm not sure if i'm able to do it. Any help is appreciated

I would not think so. The USB ports are not active when the motherboard is not powered on.

Many new motherboards work this way. I can charge some devices when my PC is turned off. The same on Z370/Z390 and X299 motherboards. Sometimes it can be enabled/disabled in USB settings or power saving settings in BIOS. A lot depends on motherboard and BIOS. I have no idea how it works on MSI Z390. I'm mostly using ASRock.

Youd have to check the manual and in the bios to confirm.... but some do have that ability.

I assume you have not purchased the motherboard yet and are wanting to know the answer to your question as part of the purchase decision.

No, I have the motherboard. I couldn't find anything in the manual about it. I it already, and typing to you using it.

Last edited:
Am I missing something? Seems like the easiest way to answer your own question is to just try and charge some usb device with the system powered down.

in bios advanced mode go to settings\advanced\power management setup\USB standby power and enable it.

I know this is old thread but I've been looking myself. My wireless headphones for my TV used to charge on my old MSi board but my Meg Ace wouldn't lol til I enabled this. I can confirm it turns on charging for all rear i/o USB ports.

Back