• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Z77MA-G45 reboot during Windows install?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ninjacore

I recently sold an MSI Z77MA-G45 on eBay and the buyer is claiming that when he tries to install his OS, it restarts during the portion of setup where the OS loads.

hi i got the motherboard fitted it in and it wont load any operating system ive tried now with a ssd and normal ide,ahcpetc,raid it gets up to where it will load the operating system and then just restarts, any help would be much appreciated

I told him to clear CMOS and try again. I know the board works fine as I loaded it up with Windows 7 on a Crucial M4 128GB about 5 days before I shipped it out. I told him this as well.

His response...

hey its all on default
3570k evo212 < cold at 21c
tx750
8gb vengence
kingston 64gb ssd

reloaded defaults when i try to load it ide raid ahcp etc it gets to setup untill where would you like to instal OS onto then i click next and it restarts . I just plugged the ssd into another machine and it loads fine can you think of any setting to edit there must be something im so close.

Asked him to try it with a different Windows disc if available...

This is quite annoying as I know the board is fully functional. I suppose that is eBay, however.

Anyone have experience with a similar issue of restarts during OS loading? I'm sure it has happened to me at some point, but I can't think of a time where it was a persistent issue.

I've google'd it a bit, but haven't turned up anything promising.

Thanks in advance

gotta be something other than mobo ram is my first guess have him try with each stick maybe ones faulty. Guess it could also be a dodgy psu.

That was my guess as well, but in the end, I think I got scammed... :(

Oh well, for future searchers, RAM swapping is most likely the best bet to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks guys

Back