• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multiplayer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

.f l o w

Whats up everyone? just want to say hi real quick because im new to the forums.

But i just got a new computer and was looking for a good online shooter. I play halo 3 for xbox, but its not all its hyped up to be. But now that i actually got money for a computer, im ready for something new and competitive. I was just wondering what everyone would recommend for a online shooter.

Ive been looking at UT3, and CoD4. which of these is better or what would you recommended?

Well now.... Welcome to the Forum

For new and competitive I'd go for UT3 myself, love that game and its Multi player is second to none :)

Can't go wrong with Counter Strike Source. Good mutliplayer plus it give you access to the source engine and all the mods. So there is Empires (2.1), Zombie Panic, and many more.

:welcome: Welcome to the Forum :welcome:

All the games above are good, COD4 is a really hot looking game to me. Don't over look CS cause it's a older game, lot of fun to be had their for sure!

If you want MP, skip crysis. I already hosted a server for it, and dropped it like a bad habit. I'm not a fan of infinity ward, but at this point I'd say COD4 is the way to go.

Call of Duty 4 is probably the best gaem to be released in a loooooooooooong time. Games like ut and cs are so yesteryear.

Whats up everyone? just want to say hi real quick because im new to the forums.

But i just got a new computer and was looking for a good online shooter. I play halo 3 for xbox, but its not all its hyped up to be. But now that i actually got money for a computer, im ready for something new and competitive. I was just wondering what everyone would recommend for a online shooter.

Ive been looking at UT3, and CoD4. which of these is better or what would you recommended?
Welcome to the forum mate. By the way we need to know what kind of computer your looking for? because you will need a mega computer to play COD4 or any other game.

Just make sure that the computer meets the game's minimum system specs.

Or you will hate it. Also if you plan on buying Crysis then you will need to build a custom gaming pc. because most of the store boughten pc's will not run Crysis. Also here is a link for computer parts www.newegg.com the only webstore I would suggest.

I assume you mean 'first person shooter' and not just 'shooter,' in which case, you can't go wrong with Team Fortress 2.

you will need a mega computer to play COD4

Actually CoD4 runs really well on properly built older rigs. My friend is running it (very playable and looks really good) on a P4 2.4 with 1GB of RAM and a BFG 7800GS OC. I was shocked how well it runs on there.

I assume you mean 'first person shooter' and not just 'shooter,' in which case, you can't go wrong with Team Fortress 2.

TF2 gets my vote. I'd pick it over CS:S. I forgot about TF2.

Heck just go get the Orange Box. You'll get the awesome storyline and game play of Half 2 series, and you'll also get the surprise of the box Portal.

CS:S is tons of fun, but not very newbie friendly - make sure you have some time to invest if you want to get good

CoD4 is a lot of fun, make sure to check out the different gameplay modes (S&D, sabotage, etc.)

TF2 is also a good pick

Haven't tried Crysis MP yet but it looked interesting

TF2 gets my vote. I'd pick it over CS:S. I forgot about TF2.

Heck just go get the Orange Box. You'll get the awesome storyline and game play of Half 2 series, and you'll also get the surprise of the box Portal.

+1 for Orange Box (why hasn't it become "OB" yet?)

I didn't bother playing Portal for a couple months after getting Orange Box, because I thought it was just a silly puzzle game, who cares about the great reviews? Well, I was wrong. Simply amazing. I showed my GF and her friend the ending, and they actually had me play it again. That's saying volumes right there..

Call of Duty 4 is definitely my number one pick, Team Fortress 2 is a close second, and Zombie Panic is really good considering it's a mod.

I'm downloading zombie panic right now! I never even knew it existed, do alot of people play it online? I guess i'll find out soon!

yes CoD4 is great, get it.

Back