• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multiplayer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Orange Box. Definitely The Orange Box.

5 fantastic games (HL2, HL2:E1, HL2: E2, Portal and Team Fortress 2) for one fantastically low price ($49.99). There is absolutely NO WAY you can go wrong by purchasing The Orange Box.

Thats true if you want more bang for your buck, orange box def!
Then you can get all the mods, like zombie panic to half life 2! and still get TF2~ and who doesn't love portal?

Welcome to the forum mate. By the way we need to know what kind of computer your looking for? because you will need a mega computer to play COD4 or any other game.

Just make sure that the computer meets the game's minimum system specs.

Or you will hate it. Also if you plan on buying Crysis then you will need to build a custom gaming pc. because most of the store boughten pc's will not run Crysis. Also here is a link for computer parts www.newegg.com the only webstore I would suggest.

You don't need a mega system, just a mega graphics card!
My system runs all the games listed just grand on max settings.
As long as your system has a pci-express slot you should be fine if you need to upgrade to a graphics card to handle today's games.

TF2 gets my vote. I'd pick it over CS:S. I forgot about TF2.

Heck just go get the Orange Box. You'll get the awesome storyline and game play of Half 2 series, and you'll also get the surprise of the box Portal.

Gotta say, I forgot about TF2 as well.. I'd vote for that over UT3. It's just a game I never get bored with :D

Can't go wrong with Counter Strike Source. Good mutliplayer plus it give you access to the source engine and all the mods. So there is Empires (2.1), Zombie Panic, and many more.

CSS FTW, thousands of players / servers.

Welcome to the forums!

And add another recommendation for Orange Box... specifically, if you want fun online multiplayer, look at Team Fortress 2.

Well COD4 is a good game but it infrantry only play. Quake Wars is fun if they ever get the servers fixed with the new patch.

But the best all around game out is still good old Battlefield 2. The even better news is because of its age you can get it for about $10. The graphics are not quite a pretty as some of the new games but it still looks really good. But there are not to many games out that give you as many options like flying planes, driving tanks, boats, jeeps, helos, and so on.

i got a demo of ut3 and li like how fast paced it is so i think im going to go with that. does it have a good rank system?

and i have css. but i have a problem where the menu runs slow. anyone know how to fix it?

Yeah UT3 gathers its stats and places them in an online system that you can look through I believe, same as UT2k4. No idea about CSS sorry.

Actually CoD4 runs really well on properly built older rigs. My friend is running it (very playable and looks really good) on a P4 2.4 with 1GB of RAM and a BFG 7800GS OC. I was shocked how well it runs on there.
My friend runs on a 3.0ghz P4, 2gb ram, and a x1950Pro AGP at ultra high settings and 1280x1024 and somehow runs the game perfectly.

Back