• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multiple log-in's to use hosted software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EternalX

I am looking for some advice and help with a project at work.

We have software that we run and sell access to clients. We need to host this software on our server. The users will need their own user profiles essentially because we only want them seeing their own data (taxes). We have 5-10 servers with VMware loaded, Server R2 2k8.

We'd like something easy like going to our web address, putting in UN/PW and they have access. But open to other options. Need some kind of plug-in or extra software that will let us run multiple user accounts (more than 2) with profiles separated for security.

Could we just use RDP to have say 10 users all logged into the server at once? The software is not very resource intensive so the server could easily handle it.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Gun to my head I'd say RDP, clearly you'd thought of that. It's hard to tell without knowing the software or industry specifics.

How many clients at one time? Please expand on "user profiles." are you open for a cloud solutions (security liability)? 5-10 physical servers running VMs, running what (roles)?

Gun to my head I'd say RDP, clearly you'd thought of that. It's hard to tell without knowing the software or industry specifics.

How many clients at one time? Please expand on "user profiles." are you open for a cloud solutions (security liability)? 5-10 physical servers running VMs, running what (roles)?

thats what i would think, but without knowing more

Back