• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Mushkin Announces Redline Lumina RGB Series DDR4 Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today, Mushkin announced its new Redline Lumina RGB Desktop memory line with capacities up to 64GB and frequencies ranging between 2666MHz to 4133MHz, the new Redline Lumina RGB series should be placed in line with most kits. Each module also features 16 RGB LEDs to help accentuate your rig. Pricing wasn't listed, but below are the full specs along with a few words from Mushkin.

Click here to view the article.

It was only a matter of time before Mushkin jumped on the RGB bandwagon. I liked Mushkin ram. Was the go-to back during DDR2/DDR3 days.

For me it's somehow funny. Each time I see comments under Mushkin news/articles, someone brings back memories of the great Mushkin DDR1/DDR2 series (DDR3 is usually skipped). It was 12-15 years ago? Since then nothing was worth mentioning and that's why gamers/enthusiasts have on their minds so old products. Sadly, the Lumina RGB series looks like a 3-4 year old budget RGB RAM. Something like older and cheaper Corsair, Geil, or Silicon Power kits. Can't really win with products like that in 2021.

I haven't heard of Geil ram in ages. Another brand that was TOTL was TwinMos. I think I may have a set of it somewhere. This was back during the DDR1.

Geil is still alive but is not making noise with its products. They barely send anything for reviews and are active mostly in Asia for some reason. There were some more brands like Avexir, which went bankrupt not long after the DDR4 release. Some new brands right now have problems because of the covid situation like V-Color which isn't the most popular but on Amazon, they sell well. I still have one OCZ kit and one Cellshock somewhere deep in older hardware boxes and both brands are not existing anymore but were known for good memory kits.
Soon you will see that HyperX won't sell RAM anymore (or everything will be different) as the brand was acquired by HP and will deliver gaming accessories while RAM and storage products will be offered by Kingston. There is also an option that HP decide to rebrand HyperX RAM and Kingston will be OEM for them or HP will make it on their own. However, afaik, HP has its own RAM brand for gamers. I'm still not sure but my Kingston and HyperX contacts remain without changes so I guess they will share some more in the next weeks/months.

Back