• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin... WOW what a company!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Maxvla said:
such a strange thread...

corsair might be the best but they are certainly NOT worth 20 bucks extra per 256mb stick. i don't care if it overclocks better than my mushkin i just bought. all i care about is that i got a good deal. my new computer will be lightyears faster than this one... so i probably won't even overclock it for several weeks.

and mushkin seems to be getting the best overall results... price and performance.

Well right about now i wouldn't mind at all to pay an extra 20 for something i knew that would do 200+ max timings :)

Well... i've called them today again and this time told them just to send me out 2 sticks of 256MB PC3000.. Why not the 512? Well i'll take my chances with these for now.. I mean i'm hoping one of the 2 will be great and i could just exchange the one thats not up to par. BUt i'm hoping both will get me 185+ max settings atleast... Might get lucky finaly since these are my first choice that i never had the chance to try out.

Plus there still going to look into the prob with the 2100.. plus using my setup there going to be testing out which sticks work best anyways.. I even had to email them my bios settings last night...

So there pretty dang nice there at Mushkin.. Gona get me what i want and there still willing to check out whicih ram will get me dream 200+ and get back with me on that.

Couldnt be more happy about my experiance so far with Mushkin!

There shippping my sticks out now and i'm getting them this friday 2 day FedX. Gona have the whole weekend to test out some good ram :)
:cool: :beer: :clap:

KnownKiller said:

Well right about now i wouldn't mind at all to pay an extra 20 for something i knew that would do 200+ max timings :)
i wouldn't. 20 bucks is another 25 percent more money. there is no way i'd pay 25% more for something that runs a couple mhz faster.

Oh really? Dont you own Mushkin PC3000 or gettings some? What are you getting with that stick?

Soon i'll let the cat out of the bag.. Dont bother trying to figure that out btw... Info i havent told so... Soon..

KnownKiller said:
Oh really? Dont you own Mushkin PC3000 or gettings some? What are you getting with that stick?
i do have some... sitting in my freakin closet :mad: after i bought my memory and 1.6a my car insurance came a month early and then my alternator in my car went out and i'm paying off my school loan at the same time. everything just came together at once. it'll be next month before i can even look at newegg's site.
all i lack is the motherboard (BG7 or BD7II), case enermax FS-710-BB (i think thats the model #) and i could survive on my current vid card for a while. 220 bucks gets the case/mobo to me and a functional system running. (DARNIT!)
i'll let you know what my results are when (and if, lol) i get everything together.

Yeah i know the feeling... I with i could buy that setup as well.. Wish all the money i spent buying ram left and right i could do it if i returned it all and my Abit KX7RAID...

I'd go..

Abit IT7 MAX RAID
P4 1.6a or P4 2.26 :)
and a GREAT sitck of ram that would get me 200 max timings and i'd be sitting with a huge a$$ smile from ear to ear for a month with my 3 GIG system.

Though the waitin for all that money to come back and sittin on a IWILL KT266 with SDRAM at 150FSB would hurt like something else... But probably worth it in the end.

Well good luck.. And if that stick dont work out for you i believe Mushkin will be nice and still return it even though they only give a 2 week window to get that RMA.. But if ya told them the situation that you couldnt test it till way later they might budge.

Good luck

KnownKiller said:
Well good luck.. And if that stick dont work out for you i believe Mushkin will be nice and still return it even though they only give a 2 week window to get that RMA.. But if ya told them the situation that you couldnt test it till way later they might budge.
my ram has a lifetime warranty. maybe in 30 years mushkin will still be around and i can rma it to them... for their museum.
laugh.gif

i'm not too sure. i just know they are max :p hehe, cuz i set it to turbo in the bios. so 2-2-2-2-2--2-22--2 something like that

i keep mine at 2.8 as i hear mushkin ram dislikes high voltage :p

KnownKiller said:

Yeah i will tomorrow i think...

Yo since your here and you have the Mushkin PC3000.. WHat settings are you using with that 195FSB? Is that cas 2, 4way, 2-5-2, 1T ? Oh and what voltage to?

I have a buddy that has the same board as me and he has 2 new sticks of the same ram PC3000 from Muchkin and he's having probs getting it past 166 but theres a ton of heat in his room so hehe like 90+ degrees F So i told him that its either his northbridge overheating and or his CPU... So he's underclocking his 1800+ to like 1400 just to make it stable at 166... Beforte he couldnt do 150 heheh... But the question there is... Did you have to ever burn in that ram to get it that high, cause some people say that with Mushkin ya dont have to burn in.

Back