• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 170 and how much it hates my memory.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valk

So yea. I baught this used 170/dfi expert combo here that im pretty happy with overall. I wanted to buy a DFI to extend the life of my 939 for a while since im a student now and figured i should just get somthing to oc and hang onto untill i could afford somthing worth sinking money into next year =)

So ive been fiddling with this dfi, which has made me pretty much have to relearn what my corsair ram has been able to do.
I have two unmatched sticks of PC3200XLPT. This stuff has a number of revisions, but the XL's are all TCCD. My rev 1.1 stick was the first memory that had tccd available, and a few months later, i baught a second, rev 1.2 which is basicly the same as the PC4400C25 stuff that ocs well.

So ive been having a real headache trying to get these things ocing in 1-1. I gave up on that since the SAME TIMINGS wont run in 1-1.

Here is where im at now after some fiddling.

advice.jpg

Higher resolution here

After looking over some forums, I got some timings for the expert and some GSKILL TCCD. so im running Tref 4708 and DDS 2 DDDS 1. of course this isnt completly stable. I figured it was somthing to do with the cl2.5 since everytime i ever tried to run with that setting it just glitched crazy. Of course, I let memtest run all the way through with the above settings at 272, which finished the test fine, but wouldnt boot into windows.

the kicker is that no matter what settings i give it, 2-3-3 at 220, 2.5-3-3 at 250 or even 3-4-4 at 260 it simply wont run in 1-1 mode. yet, this is sorta stable at 166 divider?

I would love to see some more resources about this board and certain types of ram. im not looking for a guide as much as just information and results. My ram is finicky but it should at least run 1-1 at the same speeds and timings as 5/4 shouldnt it?

there is also the 3ghz mark that just doesnt work no matter the htt speed/ratio/memspeed. at 2999 i can keep it stable with a lot of volts. but 3008 is not.
I just got a slightly better psu now too. antec neoHE550. its not a godly unit by any means, would have prefered the corsair or ocz, but for the $70cdn i paid for it, no complaints.

advice/feedback on settings to try welcomed =)

This sound a little more like a MOBO or Ram thread but I would lean toward the DFI section. You will have to tweek ram settings to get where you want it to go.

download the Tmods Bios CD for DFI boards, has about 10 diffrent bios for the experts on it. the newest one on there (11/xx/06) worked best for my system in sig and got me from 2.6g to 2.9.

its the bios im sure.

Back