• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 3000mhz ram dont go over 2800mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

radek64

Hello,
I'm trying to overclock my Kingston HX430C15SB2/16 ram over 2800 mhz. Actually all I can do is run xmp2666 profile and pick 2800 mhz ( and still it dont always run properly).
My stuff Kingston HX430C15SB2/16 + Ryzen 2700 + B450 Steel Legend
Tried out taiphoon, ryzen dram calculator and some random parameters for kingstons still my pc won't run over 2800 mhz ram.
Anyone can help me here ?

I couldn't find your memory kit on the QVL for your motherboard. Zen and Zen+ CPUs can be picky for memory. I wasn't able to run my Corsair memory until I updated my bios and upped my memory voltage to 1.38 volts. Could also try loosening your timings to 16-18-18

Well that's true. They are from my prevois set intel + asrock z97. Im trying it on various timings on 1.4v 1.1soc. problem on both 3.2 and 3.26 bios

Well that's true. They are from my prevois set intel + asrock z97. Im trying it on various timings on 1.4v 1.1soc. problem on both 3.2 and 3.26 bios

Hopefully, someone else can chime in with advice cause I was in the same position with similar results on my 2700x.

Of all the major RAM brands, historically Kingston has proven to be the least compatible with the AMD platform.

Outside of North America, Kingston seems to be what is most readily available and affordable compared to say, G.Skill which seems to be the brand of preference among North American enthusiasts and overclockers and which seems to offer the highest degree of compatibility with the AMD platform.

Last edited:
Oh well, actually Kingston is very trusted in EU but Ryzen is not as long on the marked and there were always problems with some RAM's.
Maybe I will just try and buy some GSkill Tritent and hoe they fit

Even before Ryzen, back in the AMD Phenom era, there were problems with Kingston and AMD.

With Ryzen, some motherboard brands seem to have done a better job of working out the RAM compatibility issues than others. MSI seems to have done a good job in that regard.

One point I like to make when working Ryzen memory is to reset bios defaults between different settings. This lets you start fresh with auto timings. You're already giving extra SOC voltage so that is good.

I would just try very relaxed timings like 18-18-18-36 and leave everything else on auto to see if that will work. Also try the timings from the DRAM calculator but only the primary timings, leave the rest on auto. Also try just setting the speed and leaving all timings on auto.

You may go up even more on SOC and see improvement at 1.15v and even 1.2v. SOC voltage can impact CPU temps as well so be mindful/aware of that. That said 1.1v should be more than enough for most Zen+ CPUs to reach 3200MHz. My 2600X needed 1.2v to reach 3600MHz though.

Back