• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 5930K Idle & Load Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nizzo

Registered
I just built my system last week and am wrapping up the OC process tonight. I've got a stable (AIDA64 & Real-Life tested) 4.5GhZ @ 1.275V CPU overclock, but was a little concerned on whether my temps were in a safe range for prolonged use. Below is the build info I thought would be useful to know for this:

Asus X99-Deluxe
Corsair HX1000i
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB
EVGA GTX 980 FTW
Corsair Hydro H100i
Corsair C70 Vengeance Case

My AIDA64 temps maxed out at around 76C on the CPU with an average around 67C. My idle CPU temp is 36-40C (Corsair Link) or 45C (HWMonitor). I thought the idle seemed a bit high even with the variance from chip to chip. My initial thought was to check to see if my H100i seating was off, but wanted to double check on here for your thoughts. If it is the H100i seating, what's a good way to identify that?

These temps are good for your cooling. I'm getting about 5-6*C less on 3x120mm radiator and 1.25V CPU.

Back