• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Aquarius II experiment

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dgk

I came across an Aquarius II kit and decided to give it a shot. I know that it isn't the best (and might be the worst) kit, but I had never tried WC and had this non-OC'd PC lying around so on it went. There is a good review of the kit here and my experience pretty well agrees. It is much quieter than the previous HSF and did a slightly better job of cooling, maybe 2-3C.

The thing that really surprised me was that the radiator doesn't get hot. It barely gets warm. At first I thought that something was seriously wrong but it was cooling ok. The hoses don't even get hot. It's running on a 1600+ Athlon. I can touch the heatsink on the CPU and it isn't particularly hot. That seems very odd but is true.

Somehow it removes the heat and places it into an alternate universe. Not bad for under $100.

It's definately an alternate universe. That's where I like to think the unicorns went after I ate them all (and ran them over with my Cutlass). Actually, a rad(in general) dissipates heat much better than a heatsink 'cause it has more surface area (again, in general). I'm just curious to your response: Where does the heat from your heatsink go?

I just saw this Aquarius II kit for $99.95 and thought about doing a search in here for it. I just bought a mobo with a 2500 barton. It came with an all copper Zalman heatsink and cooler. Will this Aquarius II kit be better than the Zalman?

Thank you

Back