• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My arctic accelero xtreme plus ii results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

\dev\goat

man /dev/goat
Finished installing both of these coolers on my SLI 570s this morning, been messing with them a little today.

Photo060.jpg

Installation was kind of a headache, because the glue has to cure for 5 hours on the ramsinks and vrms. I planned to install them on one card at a time, so I could use the computer in between. I ended up messing up one of the vrm heatsinks(forgot to put the tiny thermal pad on the nearby chips that are raised up higher), so I had to use some glue from the second kit to finish, which kinda forced me to start the install on the second card as well. (Glue is only good for 15 minutes after you mix it, according to the manual)

Photo058.jpg

You get a TON of ramsinks and vrm sinks in the box with it, I think 3 seperate kits worth. Enough left over to do several older cards if you wanted to :)

I tried turning it up to 85% in msi afterburner, and I can see the RPM going up but I can barely hear them. They are nearly silent, a HUGE difference from the stock MSI vapor chamber coolers.

Left at stock clocks, the top card used to stay a constant ~80+ C while gaming, and the bottom one ~70+ C.

With these monsters installed, I'm now in the 50-60C range on the top card and 40s on the bottom card under my normal load.

Great success

Capture.PNG

Yeah I really like the AXP I have on my unlocked 6950. Thanks for the SLI picture. I've been thinking about doing crossfire at some point and it's good to know that I can pair them without excessive heat on the top card.

I can just barely hear the AXP at 65% fan speed, but that's with all other fans undervolted. A far cry from the leaf-blower reference cooler at 65%.

Back