• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My card IS dying, I need a new one!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

Hi mates!
Well I had great time with this 9500 moded to 9700. Great o/c 400/345 (vmods). Card and ATI have "showed" med the WAY. AA+AF all the way.

But sadly card is dying :( Although it is w/c it's o/c is lower from day to day... And I get more and more strange glitches :/

So time has come to move on. But it is different. I "can't" play a game without eye candy anymore (Thanks ATi) and what is more important is that I have money =)

So basically it's down to 9800Pro or 9800XT. I repeat the money is not an issue! Rest of the system is good as well I guess:

P4 [email protected]
512 RAM

9800Pro is cheaper (400$) but a bit weaker and with 128 RAM. XT(619$) will give me HL2 and 256 RAM. Only other problem is will I be able to install my w/c on XT... In case I can how will I cool RAM chips :/

So what do you guys think. With games like X2-Threat and SW:KOTOR around the corner and SWG which I play right now, 9600 is not an option. R420 will be out somewhere in march-april and I couldn't possibly wait untill than. To buy 9800 and than R420 would be an option but I'm not sure... So guys fire it out... What would you do?
XT are HIS Excalibur or Connect 3D. ( which would be better )

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Back